cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to Wifi after factory reset

sam.621498
Honored Guest

Hi all. 

I purchased a second hand original Oculus Quest yesterday. At the sellers apartment I checked everything, including Wifi, which all worked fine. We factory reset the device in order to delete his information. When I got home, I logged into the app on my Iphone and went through the initial setup procedure, paired the device to my phone, but when the app asked me to connect to wifi I put in my password and the procedure just timed out after 30 seconds, stating "Something went wrong. Please try again'. I've done so many times, tried both 2.4 and 5ghz, even tried connecting to my wife's mobile hotspot. I've tried factory resetting the device several times, deleting and reinstalling the app on my phone but nothing has worked. It just gets stuck on the wifi connection screen in the app. On the headset I just see a screen telling me to complete the setup on my phone. It's super frustrating, Does anybody have any advice for how I should proceed? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! We would love to assist you with this! We understand how this can be bothersome. At this time, we would like you to reach out to us via private message so that we can look into this further for you.

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!