cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install/re-install any games

SuccessfulB
Level 2

I have recently pulled out my Oculus rift again and wanted to start playing, I booted and setup everything I needed to do, I signed into Oculus again and tried to re-install my apps, it didn't work. It said "Sorry, we couldn't install *game* visit oculus support to get help." I've tried everything the support website told me to do but it still didn't work, note: my computer had recently been boot looping, that was the cause of everything being reset on my computer. 

I've also read pgaddis's community post on how to fix it but I don't completely understand what he meant, I'm still learning new features on the Oculus app. 

If anyone knows please let me know and explain it thoroughly please.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! That's not what we want to hear for our valued customers. We'd love to see what we can do to help you. There a few things we need to verify. 

Please answer the questions below: 

• Did you resolve the Bootloop on the computer?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you done already, so we aren't making you repeat them?
  • We have linked a troubleshooting steps HERE.

Here are some other steps to try:

1. Perform a clean reinstall
  2. Disable the Windows Firewall
  3. Check for Windows updates
  4. Update your device drivers
  5. Repair corrupted system files

If you are still needing assistance and what we provided hasn't worked, we suggest reaching out to Support HERE.

SuccessfulB
Level 2

Thanks for responding!

Yes I have completed every troubleshooting tip that oculus support has provided, I have also recently deleted oculus and re-installed it fresh, it still didn't work.

I'm positive the reason for the games not downloading is because my computer hasn't been updated, the updates have been the reason for my computer boot looping. I'm afraid that if I try update my computer it will just boot loop again, I don't know what to do.

I've talked to someone who knows tech but they still aren't sure about why it's happening, he told me to not update it so that's what I did, I've done a recovery for my computer twice already.

I'm not sure what I should do, I could try updating it again but I don't know what will happen, anyways thanks again for responding.

Cheers