cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t login through facebook on oculus app (mobile)

OlavRemy
Honored Guest

3DC36179-7CE3-4792-94BA-808F6D47F3F6.png

It says there is a temporary block on my account on facebook when i login through facebook on the oculus app on mobile. I have waited for something like a month already and it hasn’t changed and i know the password and all and when i login on facebook on my computer it works so there’s clearly something wrong with the app on my phone. Please help because i can’t play on my quest 2 because i need to pair it (after doing a factory reset because it totally glitched out)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Olav! We know how crucial the mobile app is to our headset and we want to make sure you can get in. If you haven't tried already, please uninstall and reinstall the app on your phone. You can also try uninstalling, restarting your phone, then reinstalling, as well. Let us know if either of these helped. If not, we have a few more tricks up our sleeves!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Olav! We know how crucial the mobile app is to our headset and we want to make sure you can get in. If you haven't tried already, please uninstall and reinstall the app on your phone. You can also try uninstalling, restarting your phone, then reinstalling, as well. Let us know if either of these helped. If not, we have a few more tricks up our sleeves!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello @MetaQuestSupport! This solution did not work for me, and only recently did I lose access. Additionally, I reset my facebook password after my login wasn't working (I couldn't get logged in on the web to post this message) and I still get this same error. Should I create a new help ticket, or is replying here okay?

Hey there, thanks for letting us know that the suggested solution did not work for you. We understand how inconveniencing this is to you so let's get this figured out and get you back to enjoying your VR experience. Yes creating a new ticket would be best. You can do so here.

We look forward to hearing from you!

No none of this won’t work I did this like 5 times and it still won’t work it always says there is an error 

Hey there @Goji_vr

You're not alone. After the new Meta accounts rolled out, some folks have had a few issues getting into their accounts. Our engineers are aware of what's going on and actively working on a fix.

We went ahead and set up a thread for stuff like this, so everyone who's been affected has a rally point. Here's that thread, go ahead and post there as well if you can.

That being said, some folks have been able to find a workaround or two. Tell me a bit more about exactly what you're looking at and I'll see what I can do to help you out. 🤙

Ad Astra Per Aspera, Trooper.

If you are using a vpn on your phone, make sure you turn it off, some reason it doesnt work.

lorenz_11
Honored Guest

Same here, why is it so hard to connect occulus to facebook or meta the app is useless with log in your browser loop its not user friendly at all.

For some reason, when i try to log in, it takes forever it doesn't let me in.

Hi there @InvisibleThe2nd! That's an experience we don't like to hear about, and we'd love to help you get logged in again. We'd like to know, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the phone app? Also, are you able to log in successfully to your Facebook account?

Hope to hear from you soon!