cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see Oculus TV while recording

ryan.nicholson1980
Honored Guest

I would like to record my parties while watching Oculus TV, but I am unable to do so. When I go back to watch the recording, I can see and hear the other people, but the Oculus TV video is totally black. I even tried using Screencast-o-matic and the same problem occurred.

Any suggestions on how I can record my parties while simultaneously watching the Oculus TV videos? 

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! We see you mentioned wanting more information about Oculus TV, so we can help you with that we've got your back. We understand you want to record your parties while watching Oculus TV, which is an excellent idea. However, due to copyright, you may not be able to record while also watching Oculus TV. It's possible that it's working as intended, but it's not recording. More information can be found here.

Please let us know if this information was beneficial or if you have any additional questions that we can answer for you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you for getting back to me. I fully understand the copyright issue, however I am still able to record Oculus TV when I am alone and see it during playback. It's only when I'm with a party that the playback of our session shows black. What do you suggest? Interesting, no?