cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use 'search' or keypad.

Shopoodle
Honored Guest

Just got an oculus quest 2. When I try to search for apps, or when I have to use the keypad to type in something like my postal code (zip code) it constantly stops and shows the 3 dot 'load' screen every second and then eventually says 'oculus assistant service not working' and asks if I want 'app info' (i think) or to close the app. Can't download any games without being able to put in my postal code and can't search for games I want. 

2 REPLIES 2

Shopoodle
Honored Guest

I went to the area for 'apps' and it was doing the same thing, flicking quickly back and forth between 'loading' and the screen so I can't access apps

Hey Shopoodle,

We hate seeing app issues like this and are going to help out as best we can! We've got some questions and some troubleshooting to start with.

If you could, get some pictures or a video of the screen and what error messages appear. Also, does this problem only happen when you try to type in your postal code? Or is it every time you use a keyboard or try to type?

As for the troubleshooting, here some basic steps:

• Log out and then back into our companion app, make sure the device is turned off while this happens
  • Reboot your Quest 2,
  • If that still doesn't work, then you'll need to perform a factory reset.

Let us know if you are able to solve the problem, and if not we'll continue to assist you the best we can! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!