cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot pair headset to mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

We cannot pair the Oculus Quest 2 headset with my mobile, I’ve tried everything suggested, spent hours trying and reading support suggestions, nothing works. We bought the headset in Jan 2021 and it has worked fine since then until a few weeks ago when it suddenly want paired and we cannot pair it.  We’ve done the factory reset several times, checked wifi, reset wifi, checked blue tooth, updated the phone and app, logged out and back in, tried different phones. Nothing works.

Can anybody help please?

10 REPLIES 10

Ellpee
Honored Guest

Having the same problem any fixes yet ?

Epiko123
Protege

I am also having this problem, and waiting for a fix. About three weeks now too. Sounds exactly the same. I have started playing Roblox on my computer now, and forget about my Oculus because I don't feel like it will ever be fixed.

Ebi.C
Explorer

It has been a month with a useless headset.  Every couple of weeks I am told it will take 3-5 business days.

My headset was barely two months old when the left lens died.  I was expecting a new headset to replace the NEW one i sent in with a defective lens.  I got a refurbished headset and have tried every fix given to me by both the forum and a couple of really good support agents.  But absolutely nothing works.  My last email from support did not even supply a time frame.  I imagine the "team" working on it is only 1 person since this has been happening for months (judging by posts on this forum)  I have a couple of subscriptions and both have been very understanding and will compensate me for lost time once my headset is working again.  Now why can't Meta be as understanding and just replace the headset with headsets that actually work?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yikes! This is definitely not the experience we want you to have. We want to make sure you are up to date with what is going on. It sounds you are having an issue that many users are also experiencing. We appreciate you letting us know everything you have tried already. 

Although you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting on your own, we want to invite you to get in contact with us through PM and so we can get you back in the VR world with us!

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

You can also stay updated through our forums and our threads! We appreciate your patience and your understanding! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I sent a personal message a few days ago but haven’t had a reply. I’d really like to be able to use the VR headset again, please can you help?

I’m having the same issue & been trying to get help but too many loops to jump through. 
There is obviously a software problem so………Why doesn’t Oculus or Meta get us a Fix on this problem or put a fix on the Main Page cuz I don’t want to buy anything Quest right now with this problem & $400 down the drain. I’ve done every tip on meta.com & seen many oculus support techs tells folks tips to fix. 
Have you got a tip or anything to help fix this cuz why PM when so many of us are having the same problem with our headset not pairing with the mobile app so Please just Put Out A Fix Oculus/Meta & I bought Oculus but have a Meta Account so I’m having a lot of trouble here since name change to Meta. But Oculus Support you could give us some kind of help now PLEASE !!!

Hey @dylansmith83.2022, the reason we ask for a PM to be sent to us is to provide specific troubleshooting to each user as information may be different. Some details are needed from users and this is best gathered through PM. You're also able to submit a ticket through the Support Team if you'd prefer to receive assistance through an email, live chat or even a scheduled callback.

We know how bothersome these pairing issues can be and love to help get our users back into the World of VR. If you're needing assistance with this issue, please click the link above to reach out to the Support Team or click here to send us a PM!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Oculus/meta my headset is not pairing to my headset and i cant join you because my headset is not pairing with the mobile app. It just says please type in pairing code in app but, when I do it says incomplete pairing try again 

Hey there @p7.zoomsybtw.2022! Thanks for reaching out to us. We completely understand how it feels to have issues pairing your headset to your phone. There are a few troubleshooting steps we can try in order to see if we can resolve this issue. We will list these steps below:

• Ensure the phone's Bluetooth is turned on
  • Ensure you are logged into the same account on both the headset and the phone
  • Power cycle the phone and the headset
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Meta Quest app on your phone
  • Ensure the phone and headset are connected to the same wifi network
  • Factory reset the headset

Once you have tried these steps reach back out and let us know if you're issue persists. Happy holidays!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?