cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reset menu positions

martinlest
Protege

For the past several days, the main menu (showing after the Oculus Quest starts up) opens well above my field of view, at about a 25 degree angle upwards. When I open the App or settings menus, they appear above this, at about a 65 degree angle above flat level.. so I have to raise my head quite some way skywards to read anything. The Oculus button no longer moves the menus in respect of where I am looking so they they become centred again (as it used to more than a week or so ago); nor does the reset position function in the settings menu work. And grabbing the horizontal white bars and trying to pull the menus back into position is no good either: I can move the menus upwards even further, so that they are directly above me, but they hit a kind of 'brick wall' if I try to bring them back down to a horizontal view and won't come down any further. What has happened and how do I get the view position back to how it should be?

If I open an app, then that responds normally, but otherwise all the menus available hover there well above my head. Can anyone help me fix this please? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

jacobite1958
Honored Guest

Try 1 reboot the headset.2redraw your guardian 3 go to settings > accessibility > mobility > adjust height. Hope this helps as alternative is factory reset. 

martinlest
Protege

Thanks - I have already rebooted many times in the interim of course. I have the guardian disabled (in developer mode), as I never need it (mostly use the Oculus for flying X-Plane in VR). Been without the guardian since last year - this issue is very new. Will look for the adjust height option - sounds like it might be what I need. .. Will post back. Thanks again.

martinlest
Protege
go to settings > accessibility > mobility > adjust height

.. this certainly helped! It's brought all the menus down, but they are still stuck at that level in so far as moving them any further down (which ideally they do need to be a little more to get them back to how they were). They seem to be at their lower limit though. Still, as I say, it is better with the height adjustment - not worth a factory reset for anyway. Thanks again.. but if anyone knows how I might fix this 'properly', so to speak, be glad to know. 🙂

jacobite1958
Honored Guest

Interesting that you haven't used guardian in a while. So turn it back on reset your floor level draw a guardian reboot and you should be good then you can turn it back off again.let me know if it works so the community can benefit. 

martinlest
Protege

I noticed, several weeks ago, that  a number of things on my Quest 2 had changed - such as the way I connect to Link - the interface was different and there was an extra 'layer'/step to go through to complete the connection. I just went with the new method of connecting to the PC. Sometime after that (but not, as far as I recall, immediately) I started getting this issue with the menus being way up above my head. 

Then, last week, I saw that things had gone back to how they were, re. Link and all, the 'old' interface. And with the change, the problem with the menu height disappeared. Does the Quest 2 update silently somehow - I have no idea why these changes happened: certainly nothing I have initiated. For now things are OK again, but who knows how long it will be before there's another unexpected change...

I didn't get round to restoring the guardian - seems I can only do it via my mobile phone app (??).