cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant add my prepaid visa giftcard

NameX
Honored Guest
So. I recently got an oculus quest and I got a $100 prepaid visa giftcard. So I tried putting it into the Oculus app many times now, it always says theres an issue with the zip code! So I put the same giftcard into my Xbox One after, and it worked. This is a problem, because there are many games I want to buy for my first VR experience, and I cant buy them because my giftcard wont work. If anyone knows a solution please help out.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Cookies-N-Scream
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

While Visa prepaid gift cards are not an accepted form of payment, you can absolutely use them to purchase a Meta Gift Card. You can purchase a gift card from Amazon, GameStop, Target, BestBuy, or Walmart. Note that gift cards are only available for use in the United States at this time, but this may be the best option to use a Visa gift card for the Quest/Rift store.

I know it isn't exactly ideal, but I hope this helps. Happy gaming, y'all!

Through the darkness of futures past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds: Fire... walk with me

View solution in original post

Hey @ChickenNuggysVR, while we do not have the option to use VISA gift cards on our website, we do offer a few different methods on how to make payments on our online store. We'll go ahead and list our payment method requirements below:

Credit/Debit Cards: American Express, MasterCard, and Visa PayPal

In addition to that, you'll need to make sure of the following:

• The card must be associated with a billing address
  • The card must be able to have funds added/reloaded to it (e-cards and virtual MasterCards should work, but most Gift cards do not have this option)
  • There cannot be purchasing restrictions placed on the card
  • The network cannot have any purchase restrictions to prevent online payments
  • And postal codes that do not follow the correct format will result in "invalid postal code"

If this doesn't help, please head over to our PMs so we can work this out with you. We would love to get you the right type of credit and games. To find us on Pm's select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

myblueshadow
Honored Guest

I am as well having the same troubles. I bought a 100$ visa giftcard and it will not let me add it as a form of payment. You would think they would fix this quicker since were basically giving them money.

cnicholson5
Honored Guest

I am having. The same issues 

Keed23
Honored Guest

I see alot of people having this issue. Oculus needs to fix their system this is ridiculous. How do you expect to compete with other vr headset when yours is the only one that does this dumb stuff. Seriously thinking about returning this and waiting for psvr2.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

We do have a couple rules that a payment method must follow in order for us to see it as a viable method:

• The card must be able to have funds added/reloaded to it. E-cards and virtual MasterCards should work, but most Gift cards do not have this option
  • There cannot be purchasing restrictions placed on the card.
  • Postal codes that do not follow the correct format will result in “invalid postal code”

Gift cards don't meet these requirement, thus we don't currently take them as a valid payment!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Most Quest2 users will agree that this policy is highly inconvenient, and needs to be changed. The company is making it difficult for us to give you our money. 

Why would that be if you are trying to make money and people are trying to give to you your policy on no gift cards is stupid fix it

This is a disappointment for me, I have a 100$ visa gift card that I intended to use today to buy a couple new games.  What does is matter if there are restrictions on the card, as long as it is good/valid.  I have trust issues with placing my card online, since it has been comprised in the past.  I guess this means that I will retire this O2 device and no longer purchase new games.  

Signed, Very dissatisfied

We used to be able to add the vanilla Visa card but now it does not want to work at all you used to have to register the vanilla Visa card so you have to correct area code but that doesn't even work with vanilla anymore either this is !!!!!#

Hiya there! We saddened to hear that you are experiencing issues with your payment method. We would be happy to share some more information on adding a payment method. 

Supported Payment Methods:

• Visa
  • American Express (AMEX)
  • Mastercard
  • PayPal

All regions must follow the below rules:

• The card must be able to have funds added/reloaded to it
    • E-cards and virtual Mastercards should work, but most Gift cards do not have this option
  • There cannot be purchasing restrictions placed on the card
  • Postal codes that do not follow the correct format will result in “invalid postal code”

You can also visit our Meta Quest account payment options to learn more about payment method requirements. 

If you have other question or concerns regarding your payment method, please don't hesitate to reach out to us on Meta Store Support. We would be happy to help you. 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?