cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice for same game

donnie.quartelli
Honored Guest

I bought Among us VR and immediately noticed 2 charges for the price (£7.99).
I then gifted the game to my friend the next day so in total I have been charged 3 times for 2 transactions. 

I raised with the chat support and they say they need bank statements to prove it has come out of my account which I am not willing to do, and can't anyway as the app from my bank wont allow a screenshot to be taken. 
Surely Meta can see the charges coming out of my account and no refund has gone back in. 
I have spent 2 hours trying to sort this out already and they wont look into it unless I prove they have charged me more times than they should have. 
This is their mistake and something they can check and resolve quite easily. 
Anyone else had this issue???

Edit - looking at other posts it seems double charging is a known issue. 

19 REPLIES 19

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Salutations! Oh no, this does not sound good. We do not want multiple charges to damper your VR experience and we desire to get this sorted out for you as soon as possible! We would like for you to reach out to us in a private message, so we can collect some account information from you. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Siddhu28191
Honored Guest

I have charged two time for one game

Hey there, Siddhu28191! We don't like seeing our users have an issue like this. We know how important it is to get this issue sorted out. You can send us a PM so we can look into this for you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Phantom829
Honored Guest

My game I bought charged me twice for it

OmarNjackson
Honored Guest

Just happened to me. Ive waited hrs for a call back.

Yep happening to me right now too. They’re asking me for my bank statement and transaction id. I never got a receipt for the second charge. My bank doesn’t give out statements quickly. This is absolutely horrendous. So much trouble. 

Hey there! We hate to hear that you got charged twice for the same game. So that we can gather some more personal information we ask that you please PM us directly. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you! 

StarMako
Honored Guest

Your right horrendous, I just got double charged for meta 3 preorder- £479.99 twice, leaving me in trouble with my bank, what a disappointment, I should of waited for next valve index. 

I'm degusted, gutted and left down, what a dodgy company. 

wasnt.me.934031
Honored Guest

FACEBOOK IS A SHADY ASS COMPANY THE CEO AND EMPLOYEES ARE **bleep**ING INCOMPETENT A CORRUPT COMPANY 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?