cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class Action regarding Quest 2 loss of controller pairing and refurbished headset replacement

billcnsd
Honored Guest

Hello All. I have reached my wit's end dealing with Meta Store Support. I purchased a Quest 2 on 4/2/22. The headset lost pairing with the controllers a few months later. After spending countless hours troubleshooting with support, they finally had me return the headset and shipped me a refurbished product which I received 8/26/22. I have been trying to pair this headset ever since. They have ignored several requests for a refund and that is the reason I'm considering spearheading a class action lawsuit. If you have had the same experience please shoot me a quick email stating such with your contact info so that I may judge the number of people involved. I am at billcumley@gmail.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

billcnsd
Honored Guest

I had an interesting turn of events shortly after posting this. I chatted with customer service at Amazon, which is who I bought the Quest from. 
Within minutes of explaining my frustrations, the rep transmitted a pickup request to UPS and I’ll get a full refund as soon as the worthless piece of sh@@ is in transit to Amazon,

My guess is that Amazon must sell such a huge quantity of these that they have the clout with Facebook to tell them this is how it’s going to be !

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Ebi.C
Explorer

my headset (purchased at best buy) had the left lens die after under two months of use.  It just went black after flickering over and over.  I contacted support and they were actually great.  started support ticket on

Sept 10 got refurbished headset last week.  Not bad.  However the headset does not even pair.  Even though my phone can see it and says it is connected.  No matter how many times I input the code, it will not pair.

I spent all afternoon yesterday with support chats.  The last one was extremely helpful.  But I am basically stuck with an expensive paperweight.  I also looked into getting my subscriptions suspended until this is solved but the apps (FitXr) said to refer to Meta.  I think the least they can do is take back all the refurbished headsets with this problem and send us NEW headsets.

billcnsd
Honored Guest

I had an interesting turn of events shortly after posting this. I chatted with customer service at Amazon, which is who I bought the Quest from. 
Within minutes of explaining my frustrations, the rep transmitted a pickup request to UPS and I’ll get a full refund as soon as the worthless piece of sh@@ is in transit to Amazon,

My guess is that Amazon must sell such a huge quantity of these that they have the clout with Facebook to tell them this is how it’s going to be !

JavaJunky64
Explorer

My wife and I are ready to join the class-action suit.  What is the status of your filing?

Monchardy
Explorer

I have an email with support which might be useful. 

Thank you, Monchardy but I doubt it is useful.  I have already been forwarded all the same information from Oculus support that is not only all over the web (most of it doesn't work), but it is outdated.  Class-action attorneys are going to be salivating with this one.

aperion0611.2022
Explorer

Me to and they dont want to do **bleep** about it 

ultimatecat.2012
Explorer

It's not just the refurbished headsets that will not pair. I bought a brand new one from Target in September and it would not pair to my phone. Tried every fix. Support chat said this is a known issue and their engineers were working on it. But I wasn't about to get stuck with a $400 toy for my kid that did nothing so I returned it to the store. My son was so disappointed. It's utter bull**bleep** that this is happening yet Meta is still selling them. Not a company I want to do business with. 

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I purchased my first Quest 2 back on May 25th from Amazon, and the left controller stopped working after a week. I returned it and got another one, again from Amazon, and it worked great for three months. Then I go to turn it on one day and it does a software update, and it wouldn't boot up afterward. So Meta sends me a refurbished unit and it won't pair with the Meta app. Tech support has been useless.

arflemingjr
Honored Guest

Purchase a device and the display went back the first day.  I was able to replace it at the store.  Received another new one and a little over 30 days, same thing.  I was getting the black screen.  Meta sent me a refurbished device even though the one I returned was basically brand new.  The refurbished device was never able to pair to wifi, bluetooth, controllers, my pc, nor my android device.  I was told that there are no more replacements available and that there is nothing I can but be patient.  If a fix comes out, they will send out an email.  I have not been able to use my device for almost two months now