cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean reinstall of Oculus software

Dragon_Lost
Level 3

Hey, could somebody tell me how I can do a reinstall of the Oculus software, wiping all of the settings?

I uninstalled the app and deleted every relevant folder in AppData, though when installing it again, all my settings seem to be saved.

I'm experiencing a weird bug regarding tracking in games since the last two days and with Oculus being my main suspect, I want to try completely wiping all the data. There doesn't seem to be a Factory Reset setting or similar anywhere.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, Dragon_Lost! We know how hard it can be when you are dealing with glitches in a game. Are these issues going on only when using a link or also when playing standalone? We want to get to the bottom of this, so let us know.

Hello, the problem occured on my Rift S. In games like for example Pavlov, the hand tracking would freak out for a few seconds when grabbing any object. The fix was to simply try another USB port, so I guess this thread is solved 🙂

We're happy you were able to get your problem solved! Let us know if you need any further assistance and we would be happy to help.