cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting a Quest 2 with Oculus Link when I only have DisplayPort on the graphics card

wbdesigntech
Level 2

New Boxx workstation with an RTX A5000 in it. The card only has DisplayPort on the back.

I have a Quest 2 with the Oculus Link cable, but it is only USB C.

How do I connect the Quest 2 to the graphics card when I cannot see any cables Oculus provides for USB C to DP, and they recommend against third-party adapters?

2 REPLIES 2

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

You don't connect it to the graphics card, you plug it into a USB-C port on your motherboard. If your PC doesn't have a USB-C port, you can plug it into a USB 3 (type A) port with an adapter.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

jfraker
Level 3

Hey I know this post is old but I am looking at purchasing a boxx workstation with the rtx a5000 graphics card and was wondering if you had successfully used it with your quest 2 because they don’t list it as a comparable card and I don’t want to purchase a card that expensive if it will not work with my headset.