cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller direction problem

mlamp89
Honored Guest

My left controller joystick will not go left. All other directions work but when I try to go left it goes right. It's only full deflection. If I push to the left a little it's fine, I'll move left in the game. But if I go full left, I go right in the game. This happens in all games. What can I do to fix this?

1 REPLY 1

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey hey! Sounds like someone needs to give your joystick a compass so it knows where it's going! Let's see if we can get it to learn its left from its right.

Here are some controller/joystick troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Remove the batteries from your controllers for at least 10 minutes, then replace with new batteries.

• When powering on your controllers, ensure that the Analog sticks aren't being held in any direction and are at rest in the neutral position.

• Try un-pairing and re-pairing your controllers in your mobile app.

• While this isn't a joystick drift issue, you may have some luck with adjusting and recalibrating the dead zones of the controller in your headset settings:

• Go to Settings

• Go to Controller Settings

• Under Joystick Deadzone and Range, select the joystick which is having issue

• Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks deadzones

And if after trying all of that, your controller is still a bit directionally challenged, you're going to want to go ahead and reach out to the support team by starting a ticket here: https://metaque.st/Support

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!