cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller drift on both controllers

firenoob127
Level 2

Hello 

I am having a issue with my controllers having extreme drift when I try to press on them or move them. It seems to drift less when not pressed or moved but continues when touched. It’s been going on for a while on the left controller but has recently started on the right one too. Would appreciate assistance with solutions to the problem at hand.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Heya! Controller drift can definitely be a frustrating problem to have. I've got some troubleshooting you can try!

• Remove the batteries from your controllers for at least 10 minutes, then replace with new batteries.
  • Un-pair and re-pair your controllers in the mobile app.
  • Clean your controllers, focusing on the joystick area, using the approved cleaning method.
  • Increase the dead zones of the controllers.
    • Go to Settings
    • Go to Controller Settings
    • Under Joystick Deadzone and Range, select the joystick which is having issue
    • Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks deadzones

And if you're still having issues with drift after that, go ahead and submit a ticket so the Support Team can see if there's any advanced troubleshooting, and look into possible replacement options!

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Heya! Controller drift can definitely be a frustrating problem to have. I've got some troubleshooting you can try!

• Remove the batteries from your controllers for at least 10 minutes, then replace with new batteries.
  • Un-pair and re-pair your controllers in the mobile app.
  • Clean your controllers, focusing on the joystick area, using the approved cleaning method.
  • Increase the dead zones of the controllers.
    • Go to Settings
    • Go to Controller Settings
    • Under Joystick Deadzone and Range, select the joystick which is having issue
    • Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks deadzones

And if you're still having issues with drift after that, go ahead and submit a ticket so the Support Team can see if there's any advanced troubleshooting, and look into possible replacement options!

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

I tried these methods according to the instructions provided and it appears that the controller drift has not been resolved. 
I will try to reach out to support now