cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cv1 stuttering/laggin really badly

TwelfthSauce635
Honored Guest

My cv1 is really laggy and it keeps stuttering the oculus frame drop app says its loosing frames alot and it only happenes in games and not the home screen of either oculus and syeam vr 

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, @TwelfthSauce635! We would be more than happy to help you out with this and see if we can put that lagging to a stop. So that we can figure this out we have listed a few troubleshooting steps for you to try, please try the following:

• Could you please reseat your cable and inspect for any kinks, bends, damage or bent pins?
  • Could you test to see if the issue persists on another computer?
  • Are you using any 3rd party cables or accessories?
  • Are your drivers fully up to date?

Whether your issue was resolved, or there's more work for us to do, we look forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

My drivers are fully updated 
my cable don't have any kind of bent except out of the headset 
I am not using any 3rd party cables and I don't have any accessories
It only happens in game like phasmapobia and echo vr 

Thanks for keeping us updated on your issue, we have a few more suggestions we can offer to get this fixed and back to PCVR!

Let's try to repair the Oculus PC Application:

1. Go to www.oculus.com/setup and click Download Oculus Rift software.
  2. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
    • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.
    • If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
    • Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.
  3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  4. Launch the Oculus app.

Confirm your USB power settings.

• Open Device Manager.
  • Locate your USB ports - Expand the universal serial bus controller section at the bottom of the list. Look for the "USB 3.0/3.1/3.10 eXtensible" items.
  • Right click and select Properties.
  • Navigate to Power Management.
  • Ensure that the options to save power are deselected.
    • Not all of these listings will have these Power Management options, so we can skip and move onto the next item in the list until completed.

Let us know if these made any changes to what's happening, and if needed we are more than glad to aid further.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I already have done both of those things and repaired and redownloaded my oculus app couple of times

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@TwelfthSauce635 wrote:

My cv1 is really laggy and it keeps stuttering the oculus frame drop app says its loosing frames alot and it only happenes in games and not the home screen of either oculus and syeam vr 

Sounds to me like either your PC (esp. gpu) is below spec and/or your graphics settings are set too high.  Typically, Home screens do not take too many resources but PCVR apps can take lots.

If you cannot sort this out yourself then contact Oculus support and start a ticket.  They may be able to review your logfiles and identify the cause of your problem.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Thanks for attempting all you could to get this fixed. We are going to need to review your log files as TomCgcmfc suggested so we can investigate a bit further.

Please try these steps to collect your Oculus Logs and send them over to our expert support team and they'll get back to you with an answer.

1. Please connect your Oculus device to your computer
  2. Find your Oculus installation directory (Generally this will be located at 'C:\Program Files\Oculus')
  3. Navigate to Support and then oculus-diagnostics
  4. Double-click OculusLogGatherer and wait for an executable to appear
  5. Select Get All Logs
  6. This will create a .zip file on your desktop. Please attach that zip file to your reply

Click this link here 👇🏻‍ to get in touch with us and we'll get this sorted out for you in no time!

https://metaque.st/Support

It is sometimes working perfectly fine and sometimes not 

I dont think it is my pc as it worked well with my old cv1

Laptop:3060/i7-10870H/24gb ddr4

I am also cooling it with a fan from underneath alrhought it worked fine before without a fan.

@TwelfthSauce635 wrote:

It is sometimes working perfectly fine and sometimes not 

I dont think it is my pc as it worked well with my old cv1

Laptop:3060/i7-10870H/24gb ddr4

I am also cooling it with a fan from underneath alrhought it worked fine before without a fan.

Another Laptop problem child, lol!  Trust me, been there, done that, and a Desktop PC is def the way to go.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

TwelfthSauce635
Honored Guest

I think I've fixed it (it was my super sampling settings)