cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bello04
Honored Guest
If I own my account, then it is my option whether I have an avatar or not. Why is there no option to delete your avatar (of course there would be a warning that some apps won't open like oculus venues), because a lot of avatars are created on accident and now these people have to live with an avatar on their account. There should always be an option to remove your avatar if you don't want it.
134 Comments
AsgardsFinest
Retired Support

I really appreciate you clearing that up, thank you. I was messing around with my avatar last night and see what you mean. I think we should take this to the ideas forum. Having more avatar options sounds like something the we could all could get behind.

If someone wants to make that thread, I'll totally throw my hat in that ring. 😎

ridejmtz
Honored Guest

I'm having the same issue please share resolution if found.

ObiBane
Explorer

But there is a forced gender.  It restrict the types of clothing you can wear.  My avatar is stuck wearing skirts and girl formed shirts.  Wtf

ObiBane
Explorer

These avatars are definitely not gender neutral.  Why is there only female clothing options for my avatar.  Skirts and female form shirts. Why can’t I change?   Fix this.  Embarrassing. 

ObiBane
Explorer

These options still do not let me change it from looking or dressing like an obvious female.  How do I make my avatar look male?  All appearance or accessory options are blatantly female. 

theosakadude
Protege

Exactly, I cannot change that fact that I look like a woman (clothing, facial features, hair, whatever) ...it's all female based. 

Here is what I originally looked like (i.e., Photo1)....

Meta Avatar 1.jpg

Here is what I look like now (after tinkering with the avatar options) ...but I don't have male options.

Meta Avatar 2.png

PLEASE just let us delete and start anew. What is so complicated with that?

RealDomAndred
Honored Guest

RealDomAndred
Honored Guest

Rad_B
Honored Guest

Another year passes with no solution, nor acknowledgment of any issue with the current construct.   Remove the nomenclature of "male" and "female."  Give options on a sliding scale of masculine or feminine.  This maintains gender-neutrality and allows for users to select the area they identify with.  As it stands,  they are approaching LAWSUIT territory for discriminating against those (hundreds of users) who identify as male for only allowing feminine clothing options (and body types, and postures, etc),  with no method of changing.  I can't say if the same is true for those who identify as female, though I would assume it is.   I honestly am not bothered by a lack of gender assignment.  I do take issue with being forced to wear a dress/crop-top/pant-suit.  

Rad_B
Honored Guest

Stuck with female clothing as well.  Another year passes with no solution, nor acknowledgment of any issue with the current construct.   Idea:  Remove the nomenclature of "male" and "female."  Give options on a sliding scale of masculine or feminine.  This maintains gender-neutrality and allows for users to select the area they identify with.  As it stands,  they are approaching LAWSUIT territory for discriminating against those (hundreds of users) who identify as male for only allowing feminine clothing options (and body types, and postures, etc),  with no method of changing.  I can't say if the same is true for those who identify as female, though I would assume it is.   I honestly am not bothered by a lack of gender assignment.  I do take issue with being forced to wear a dress/crop-top/pant-suit.