cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting photos on quest 2

gary-jackson
Honored Guest

How do I delete photos?  There's no trash icon or ... menu to select.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hiya @Dubious_Raccoon, we see you are wanting a way to delete photos from the mobile app. We understand how important this may be, and would love for you to express this idea. We highly encourage you to post this marvelous suggestion on over at our Ideas Forums. If enough people hop on this idea, our engineers will definitely take notice and could implement something this helpful for all users! We hope this information was helpful, and we can't wait to see your post over there!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey everyone! As of right now, the best recommendation I can make for this would be to put in a bug report and then add your +1 to this idea post here. This way the engineers can look at the feature to potentially have available in future releases. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

72 REPLIES 72

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, Gary! We see you would like to delete photos from your device. In order to do this please go to your Settings, then to your Storage. In your Storage you will see a drop down menu that says Applications, and you'll want to switch that to Images. There you should see a trash icon next to your images that will allow you to delete your photos. We hope this helps! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey so I am having the same problem with the app not wanting to unsync the photos I have on there and I deleted the photos on my quest so I don't know what to do 

RmvZ3
Explorer

I think you need to change this. It is absurd that deleting an image from the gallery is so unintuitive. Even in the phone app I can't find a way to delete them, why can't it be like any other photo gallery and be able to select and delete them?

Totally agree! In another thread, they list the solution as a total reset which I don’t buy since the issue is with the phone app not the headset. I have tried deleting phone app and reinstalling which doesn’t work. 

Support just take us all round and round in circles and NEVER read the string in the question replies. They seem to have “Factory Reset” fever whilst ignoring the actual main singke simple question….! 

Kittenbabe86
Explorer

Easiest way i do it is plug it into my pc and view it through File Explorer.

Other way is go to your photos click on "..."  that's the menu prompt for what you want to do with it, you can delete it that way, also im pretty sure you can delete them through your phone app as well.

I managed to delete the images from my headset, but how do I delete them from the gallery on my iPhone Meta app?  After they're deleted from storage, there's no way to unsync them either.  There HAS to be a way to remove unwanted images from the phone app gallery.

Hey there, @daddyjackhannah! While we definitely understand the want to delete old photos you no longer want, we aren't able to find any methods to do this at this time. This would be a good idea to throw in the Ideas Forums, though! While we can't make promises on any ideas becoming reality, we can say that a number of ideas that gained enough traction have been implemented into our VR headsets. So it's very possible that your idea could too! 

I genuinely tried, but no matter what word I entered into the "Idea Label" field, it rejected my choice, even after I went and looked at other entries and used one of their idea labels.  I am doomed with this problem.  This is what I tried to enter...

I managed to delete the images from my headset, but cannot delete them from the gallery on my iPhone Meta app. After they're deleted from storage, there's no way to unsync them either. There NEEDS to be a way to remove unwanted images from the phone app gallery.  There is no reason images shouldn't be able to be deleted from a "folder."  That should be a 5 minute fix and should be a top priority.  I have been assured that, for some reason, this is not yet possible, even at this stage of Meta development.  That, to me, is mindblowing.