cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop has black screen on extended mode

Sdempsey
Level 2
Hey guys, so I "sorta" had this working last night but i'm not sure what I did to mess this up.

Whenever I put on extended mode, and I turn on the rift my desktop screen goes black, and my rift lights come on. I put the headset on, and everything is huge and sideways. If i turn the rift off, my desktop comes back on. What did I mess up?

I tried unplugging the rift from the computer and restarting that way (hoping it would reset, whatever I screwed up) but it didn't work.

When i'm Direct to Rift - Things work fine. But When I go to extended mode, everything is sideways, the computer monitor is dark, and i can't get anything to work.

Anyone know what i'm talking about, or a possible fix? that would be awesome. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Sdempsey
Level 2
disregard, had to take lenses off rift to see what i was doing.. i was able to fix. thanks

cybereality
Level 15
Please read my guide:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16768
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV