cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drift in Rift apps

raidho36
Explorer
So apparently a bunch of apps just won't stop drifting for me. Anyone have the same problem?

1) Euro Truck Simulator 2 - the strongest drift so far
2) iRacing - sometimes strong, sometimes mild
3) Live for Speed - small drift
4) etc.

I've checked and at least iRacing and LFS are using latest SDK.

It's kinda seriously disappointing, because it's this kind of games where you expect there to be no drift.
12 REPLIES 12

cybereality
Grand Champion
I assume you have already run the calibration and enabled mag correction?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

jmanner
Honored Guest
I'd unplug any and all gamepads. Worked perfect for me. And when they are unplugged, reset your computer (won't work unless it is reset for some reason). Some say it's a joystick axis in the Unity controls to '0 or 1', some say it's any Logitech devices, which was the case with my Logitech mouse.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, I have heard of gamepads causing problems (in specific PS3 controllers, but it could potentially be others).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

JCat
Expert Protege
Do any of these work with the Hydras ? Anyone tried them? I won't be able to test until next week :x

astonGee
Honored Guest
i have the same problem here. i did the calibration, even tried turning display off while doing it (that made no difference), some apps still drift. many other apps however don't drift at all, like many late unity demos don't drift, and quake 2 doesn't drift for me too, but these racing games just keep drifting.

EDIT
in relevant threads i've seen people mention drift, but it's all old posts so i don't know if it's still like that

cybereality
Grand Champion
Keep in mind that the drift correction was only properly implemented in SDK 0.2.5, so older games/demos may not have used the latest SDK and thus would exhibit drift.

sh0v0r
Protege
I have recently updated the firmware in my kits to 0.18 and Lunar Flight is using the latest SDK(0.2.5). Since removing the manual system and calibration setup I had before, I'm finding the new system is not as reliable.

Drifting occurs a lot more than it used to and I have to reset the orientation regularly. Press the B key in Lunar Flight. I can see that it is correcting over time but it doesn't arrive at the correct 'center'. I don't understand how the new calibration works but I think the old system used a reference orientation to correct towards.

cybereality
Grand Champion
That is an interesting finding. I was under the impression that drift was mostly fixed w/ SDK 0.2.5 and up.

sh0v0r
Protege
"cybereality" wrote:
That is an interesting finding. I was under the impression that drift was mostly fixed w/ SDK 0.2.5 and up.

I'm sitting at a desk in a pretty standard office environment. What kinds of things can affect the Tracker? Workstations, Monitors, Powerboards, Speakers... Is it preferable to play as far away from any of those things as possible? I'm aware that the display in the devkit itself can interfere with the calibration process.

Maybe you could try the latest build of Lunar Flight for me and tell me if you experience any drift? I tend to find it happens if you've been looking to the left or right for a period of several seconds. 🙂