cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dummy 32 GB Used?

posazupl
Honored Guest

Hello,i discovered recently,that my headset storage was almost full,so i went to settings to delete some apps,but green bar was the biggest(other accounts),which used over 32 gigabytes which is half of my headset storage,and i cant delete it! I deleted everything from my shared accounts,every game,video,screenshot etc. What the hell is going on and how can i delete it?

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Thank you for reaching out to us. Typically when deleting apps or games they still remain on the headset. At this time we advise you to please start the Factory Reset process. 

To ensure that this is done correctly, we will list the steps down below: 

To perform a factory reset using your phone: 

1. Open the Oculus app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the headset connected to your phone.
  4. Tap Advanced Settings.
  5. Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory rest using the headset: 

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Please make sure that Oculus Cloud enabled to ensure that you don't loose any of your headset's data and game/app progress. We hope this information that we provided was helpful and if you happen to run into anything don't be afraid to reach back out to us! 

Always here to help! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Just reaching out to see if you were still having issues with your storage being taken up by other accounts. Let us know if that troubleshooting worked out or if you still needed help!

It's also worth noting that other accounts added to the headset can save their own app progress and media files, which can take up space over time. Each account on a device has its own information stored separately, which is also why it shows up as other accounts in the storage settings. Removing the shared accounts should have removed the associated data taking up space, but it seems that wasn't the case for you. Factory resetting the device will clear up any data that can't be cleared normally.

Hope this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Typically when deleting apps or games they still remain on the headset.”

What? Thats a weird statement. Typically when a user uninstalls software from any device or OS the storage space is returned, that is the main purpose of doing it. Do you mean that the developers made a decision that uninstalling apps should NOT delete the files used by that app?

its either a very bad decision, a bug or I must be missunderstanding you answer totally.

please clarify the reason for this behavior.

Hey there, @miozack! Yes, it appears that there was a slight misunderstanding. You are correct in mentioning that when a user uninstalls software from the device, the app no longer takes up space. Once the app is uninstalled from the headset, the app will still remain in the library but there will be an "install" option instead. The app will be removed from the headset, but not the actual account itself as uninstalling does not remove entitlements. We hope this helps to clear this up! Please let us know if you happen to have any further questions or concerns as we are always happy to help!