cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in installing oculus software (PC, Oculus Rift) "Restart Computer"

Conversary
Honored Guest
I try to start oculus setup software, it download the 5GB but during the install process it give me the error "Restart Computer". I tried to restart PC but when i retry i get the same error. I already tryed regedit propieties. The first time i installed it there wasen't any problems.

Here's my logs:
14 REPLIES 14

Conversary
Honored Guest
Urgent, please help

BadDanME
Expert Protege
Oculus Service not running at all at the moment, so don´t waste your time with the installer, as long as there is no fix for the oculus service. Check the forum on news on this.

Conversary
Honored Guest
Thanks You man, i was scary because my rift was in orange light and after restart my oculus softwar was offline so i tryed to reinstall, later i see on the forum the announcement.

peteissohigh
Protege
guys I got the same issue as you, cannot install, FFS, this bloody idiotic team!

Conversary
Honored Guest

guys I got the same issue as you, cannot install, FFS, this bloody idiotic team!

I think we only have to wait.

oliok
Honored Guest
I am getting this with the OculusPatchMarch2018.exe - this is the dumbest thing ever, Restart Computer every time and it still happens!!!!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you upload you logs files here? See this thread for how to get them.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

SpicyAftermath
Explorer
same here. deleted oculus software after the "OculusPatchMarch2018" didn't work. tried to reinstall. now the setup doesn't work ("restart your computer" and that the installation wasn't successful at the end of the setup). tried a bunch of things and everytime you want to see wether it fixed the problem you need to download the 5gb in files needed for the setup... mildly irritating. 

LZoltowski
Champion

same here. deleted oculus software after the "updatemarch2018" didn't work. tried to reinstall. now the setup doesn't work. tried a bunch of things and everytime you want to try wether it fixed the problem you need to download the 5gb in files needed for the setup... mildly irritating. log files are probably the same as the first person posting since i got a pretty standard rig and the people above seem to have the same problem.

Can you try by running the leanest session of windows you can?

close or shut down anything you have running to an absolute minimum.

Samsung magic for SSD or any other SSD utility
Any motherboard utilities like AI Suite or MSI suite or anything like that
MSI afterburner or any GPU tweaker
Java update scheduler.
Oculus Debug Tool
Oculus Tray tool
Disable any antivirus anti-malware tools
Steam

If so close them all, and try again.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂