cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset to change password.... so bad

Viking_AI
Level 2

I am a software developer. I setup some custom stuff on the Oculus a few months ago.

Today, I wanted to continue my project. Today, I learned my password pattern is no longer in my brain.
Today, I learned I have to factory reset the most frustrating process I have ever dealt with so that I can access my multi-hundred dollar tool to do anything.

There is no other way in, even though the outdated documents say to use the app. A Reddit post confirmed my suspicion you could not use the app to reset it (though, you used to be able to).

I literally just finished watching JRE with Zuck, and was like "Man, might pre-order Quest3."

Why would I do that when you made barriers to entry for me, the owner of the device, even though I have the app installed, can log into my account with email and password, and could have easily fixed this with the previously existing process? By the way, that process that no longer works is the only thing that is in your support documentation.

How are you even at scale?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Viking_AI
Level 2

Ended up resetting it - everything lost.

Can you at least spread the word that devs are going to lose custom settings if they add a pattern and then forget? There should be a dialog that says "Hey, setting this pattern could totally **bleep** you down the line since we don't do anything to revert it without you having to dump all your work in the trash."

It's not the code that hurt, it was the settings that got this **bleep** to run fast. I am so disappointed right now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Viking_AI
Level 2

Ended up resetting it - everything lost.

Can you at least spread the word that devs are going to lose custom settings if they add a pattern and then forget? There should be a dialog that says "Hey, setting this pattern could totally **bleep** you down the line since we don't do anything to revert it without you having to dump all your work in the trash."

It's not the code that hurt, it was the settings that got this **bleep** to run fast. I am so disappointed right now.