cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset because i could not update headset

riffreaper
Level 2

Haven't used the quest 2 in a year. I turned it on and it said I had to update the headset using settings. I couldn't get passed my login, everytime I tried to log in it said I needed to update. I gave up and factory reset and created new account. Problem now is it wants me to pull the tabs out of the controller like its brand new, there are no pull tabs on my controllers. Im stuck and I guess my vr days are over because I refuse to buy another one of these if they'll basically break if you don't have the latest update. Any help would be great

5 REPLIES 5

Fax it is doing the same thing to me and i asked customer service about it and they said they will look into it and there is nothing they can do rn

Removing the batteries for a few minutes before replacing them is the equivalent of puling the paper tabs after a factory reset, but you'll probably hit an issue after that where the headset requires an update to finish the setup process.

You can sideload a newer firmware to get round this problem. Meta may not like this sort of thing but they appear unable to fix it themselves so take a look here 

how would you sideload that newer firmware

You could do worse than follow this , which is closely related to the link in my post above.

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We understand how this is taking time away from your gaming. And we know pairing issues are not fun. There is an issue we are currently seeing in a few of our users, but we can assure you our amazing tech team is working hard to get this fixed! 

In the meantime, we want to invite you to get in contact with us and we can try a few troubleshooting steps.

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.