cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeze problem on the oculus quest2 in air link

DR4F
Explorer

Hello,

I have a small problem, I got myself an oculus quest2 and at the same time half life alyxs.
The game runs very well in Link (cable)

But by space problem, it is difficult to play in the room where my pc is.
So I use the airlink in my living room next to my box (livebox 5)
But headphone freezes (the sound bug and the image becomes fixed or jerky with up to the last field of vision loaded, otherwise around me it’s black) happen randomly (to about 5-10 min) which is quite disturbing.
Then the game returns to normal after a few seconds.
Ma cg is a 2070 super
My pc is connected via cpl to my box : https://www.amazon.fr/TP-Link-Mbps-Ethernet-Prise-Int%C3%A9gr%C3%A9e/dp/B00BUL8762/ref=asc_df_B00BUL...? tag=googshopfr-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=48672744446&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16521864896338037849&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9055938&hvtargid=pla-79019699366&psc=1

My solution is so I move my pc to play.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you in advance

6 REPLIES 6

MatijaPlayz
Honored Guest

i have similar problem just that it does that whenever i use air link

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Well don't use a power line adapter.  Power line adapters are more for just to transmit data, its not getting a clean enough signal.  Your inducing some latency into your setup.

It's also possible the headset is switching from 5GHz to 2.4GHz wifi. Do you have separate SSIDs for both frequencies? But yes, power line adapters are the connectivity of last resort and to be avoided if at all possible.

me too is the whole problem

Unfortunately this is the only possible solution because I can’t pull the cables 

Okay, I’ll check that out, but I wonder if I took a good-quality Cpl, would that work?