cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 and Gear VR stuck in a few different way....(Read) How do i fix this?

Kilroy5150
Level 4

So, when i did the initial login, i dicovered a couple of things:

1) Trying to link accounts....it basically just sits there and does nothing after i put my oculus account in. No error, it just comes back and sits there with the info filled into username/password.

2)When i try a new account it asks for a system update which doesn't exist beyond Android 9 for the S8 (unless you do a custom firmware which i will not risk it).

3) Meta app is there and it does nothing at all, isn't even associated with Gear VR at that login point.

So "how" do i get past software that's not smart enough to know it's got a problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well i discovered a (how stall i put this) "stupid" implement in Oculus software. In order to use my Gear VR on my Android, i ended up having to update my Quest 2 headsets, that had absolutely NOTHING to do with Gear VR (totally different hardware).

It's fixed but it just was something that didn't have to happen to make it work considering the they're completely different hardware and having nothing to do with each other.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

d2jkazb
Level 5

can u check version of gear vr app? and facebook instaler and facebook app manager....these must be updated to meta app manager and meta app installer...

Well i discovered a (how stall i put this) "stupid" implement in Oculus software. In order to use my Gear VR on my Android, i ended up having to update my Quest 2 headsets, that had absolutely NOTHING to do with Gear VR (totally different hardware).

It's fixed but it just was something that didn't have to happen to make it work considering the they're completely different hardware and having nothing to do with each other.

yea i think looks like they have some weird autentification process in place that track user across devices and i guess that messes it up....