cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game bought on oculus app not visible on vr

xAstrais
Honored Guest

So basically I bought a game (blade & sorcery) but I cant see it in my vr applications tab
(I bought the game through PC oculus app)

If there's any way to fix that? or I have to refund it and buy it on vr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @xAstrais! We understand you can't see your purchased app. Well, you got the right solution though. 

Since you purchased it on your PC, you'll only be able to play it on the PC. To use it in the headset, you'll have to purchase it through the headset.

You can perform an automated refund if applicable, using the following steps.

• On Desktop 
  1. Open the Oculus Desktop app on your PC.
  2. Click Settings on the left side of the app.
  3. Click Purchase History under the accounts tab.
  4. Click the three dots on the content you wish to refund.
  5. Click Request Refund and follow any on-screen instructions.

Once you've requested a refund, it takes five to seven working days to review, verify and process a refund request. 

Simply use your phone or headset to make the new purchase.

We hope this works for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @xAstrais! We understand you can't see your purchased app. Well, you got the right solution though. 

Since you purchased it on your PC, you'll only be able to play it on the PC. To use it in the headset, you'll have to purchase it through the headset.

You can perform an automated refund if applicable, using the following steps.

• On Desktop 
  1. Open the Oculus Desktop app on your PC.
  2. Click Settings on the left side of the app.
  3. Click Purchase History under the accounts tab.
  4. Click the three dots on the content you wish to refund.
  5. Click Request Refund and follow any on-screen instructions.

Once you've requested a refund, it takes five to seven working days to review, verify and process a refund request. 

Simply use your phone or headset to make the new purchase.

We hope this works for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

JerryAtricks561
Explorer

Since this is in the Quest/Quest 2 forum I'm assuming you bought a game using the old Oculus but want to play it in your Quest/Quest 2. You can't. At least not the normal way. Quest & Quest 2 won't allow you to load anything you have from the Oculus, causing you to have to purchase those games/apps again, which is kind of a **bleep**ty thing to do to their customers. However, there is a way you can play them in the Quest/Quest 2 by connecting to your PC via a USB cable and using OculusLink. I know, that sucks too. We all bought the Quest/Quest 2 because of its wireless capability, but in order to play Oculus content on it you have to be hard wired to your PC. 

Anyway, here's a link to an article that might help you get what you need. 

https://uploadvr.com/how-to-play-pc-vr-oculus-quest-2/#:~:text=After%20you've%20set%20up,You're%20go...!

how is this an acceptable response, its the same meta store why separate purchases by platform, sync the data of purchase history, if the account has bought something they should own it on their account 

Hey there, @Paulius0127! We can definitely understand where you're coming from, suggesting that games shouldn't be separated by platform. This is something decided by the game developers, some games such as Bonelab are cross buy. That way purchasing it for either platform lets you have access with both PCVR and standalone. Hopefully this information is helpful! 

Its the same platform. Owned by the same company. I understand that steam and oculus app are different platforms. But the oculus app on the computer and on the headset uses the same login credentials and username. It's not even made clear that the purchases made on the desktop app are not linked to the app on the headset when it is the same account 

Hey there, @Paulius0127! We can definitely understand your concerns regarding the difference in platforms and how some games can only be purchased for one of them at a time, requiring different purchases for each platform. On the store page for each game, in the games details it will list what platform(s) the purchase is for. Hopefully this helps! 

I need help. I bought a game with the app and when I got home to install it I couldn’t. It said “Connect to WI-FI” I was and it didn’t work!!!! Can you return it from my account? Or help me install it. The game is called blade & sorcery nomad.

Hi there @SingingMonke, we noticed you are having some difficulties with Blade & Sorcery. We know how inconvenient this may be, and we understand how not being able to play a game can affect your VR experience. So that we can happily assist you on this matter, can you please try out a few troubleshooting steps?

• Reboot your headset.
  • Make sure you're in a spot with strong Wi-Fi signals.
  • Make sure you're on the 5 GHZ band and not 2.4 GHz for the Wi-Fi.
  • Try using another network like a hotspot.
  • Update your headset.

Let us know how this goes.

Hey there, @SingingMonke. We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!