cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game sharing (Totally Lost)

Ap3xpredator569
Explorer

Hi,

I have bought 2 x Oculus Quest 2's, one for each of my two kids.

I am going to buy 6 games for my kids and i don't want to buy 2 copies of each so I'm looking at game sharing but I'm totally confused of how to do it.

Is this how it works:

Account 1: All games to be purchased on this account/headset

Account 2: No games to be purchased on this account/headset

Each account is unique to each other and both have different email addresses and profile names.

Account 1: Enables app sharing and adds account 2's profile name so account 2 can now play games that are on account 1

If this is wrong could someone explain in very simple terms, step by step of how to do it, i have been watching videos of how to do it but they seem to conflict with each other and have different ways to do it.

Looking forward to any answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Heya! Thanks for reaching back out and letting us know that! We are happy that you were able to figure out what works best for you and your family! If you have anymore questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Ap3xpredator569! We can see why this would be important for you and your kids, and we'd love to help out! First, make sure you have a second account made for the second headset. Then follow the steps listed below, or follow this link

• On the second Quest 2, delete or sign out of the secondary account.
  • Add the device in the Meta Quest app where the master account is. So essentially, you have one master account with two devices.
  • Enable app sharing.
  • Add the secondary account on the second device.
  • Install the games while logged in as secondary account.

Let us know if this helps! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Ap3xpredator569, just wanted to follow up and see if you still needed assistance! Please reach back out and let us know if you still need help.

Ap3xpredator569
Explorer

Hi sorry for the late reply

Thanks for the reply, i decided not to share and buy their own games for each headset.

Heya! Thanks for reaching back out and letting us know that! We are happy that you were able to figure out what works best for you and your family! If you have anymore questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back out!