cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear VR and Prime Video VR - Error 4104

kingjohn77
Explorer

Hello,

Just recently all 3 of my Gear VR compatible phones (S7, S9, S10+) stopped working with the Prime Video VR App from Amazon.

I always get the error 4104 during app start (while still showing the yellow  Amazon logo)

Any news or updates,  how to fix this?

Has anyone manages to get around this error?

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately we've seen a few similar reports to this, so we'd love if you could also go ahead and submit a big report here

Also, we definitely recommend being sure to test out a hard reset by holding down the power button until the headset shuts down, then turning it back on after a few moments. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Since Amazon no longer wants to support its prime video app on Gear VR, I have successfully used the Oculus browser with Prime so far...

But now Amazon announced to also stop the support of this old browser on Dec. 6th.

Is there any chance to get an update of the Oculus browser on the gear vr?

Or could you alternatively make it open source, so that developers can find a way to update it themselves in the future?

I would like to continue to use my S10 and S9 mobiles with gear VR. Since the optical quality, for watching videos is better than on the Quest 2 here!

(Better lense, OLED Display)