cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GorillaTag Shiny Rocks refund

A-RON29
Explorer

My son was playing Gorilla Tag and tried to purchase 5000shiny rocks for 19.99. Somehow it purchased these 7 times. There is no place to get a refund. This activity has also locked out my credit card for suspicious activity. How do I get a refund? Why would an app be allowed to disallow refunds? Ver frustrated. Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hieq
Honored Guest

I’m fairly certain that you can’t refund in app purchases like shiny rocks and the way to refund is to go into your oculus app press on settings purchase history and then whatever you want to refund

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hieq
Honored Guest

I’m fairly certain that you can’t refund in app purchases like shiny rocks and the way to refund is to go into your oculus app press on settings purchase history and then whatever you want to refund

Intelekt
Explorer

Similar issue here and meta support refuses to help, they are straight up stealing from their customers to keep the lights on at this point. Really just an awful company. Gorilla tag seems to be a game designed to allow kids to sink a bunch of cash into meta with an abusive "no refund" policy. Quite frankly I'm considering contacting a consumer protection agency or attorney as this seems like a massive and clear violation of the U.S. Consumer Protection Act. 

deejeevee
Heroic Explorer

Maybe this suggestion will help

» Get a $35 credit in Canada on a new Quest 2 or 3 — but you must use a referral link BEFORE you activate your new headset!
  (Works for the UK too, but if you're in the USA you should use a referral link from the USA due to certain restrictions.)
» Get 25% OFF games or earn $5! Learn how and see my game referral links here: How app referrals work

Xavier91514
Honored Guest

Where you able to get a refund ? Or perhaps was your bank able to cover it? My son just wasted over 200$ claiming he had found a glitch 

I'm going through this right now too 

Fungazii
Retired Support

It might be a little troubling but Meta Store Support cant really help with in app purchases. You would have to go to Gorilla Tag directly so that they can process your request @DannaGoat. Hopefully, this helps on your journey to recovering anything that might've went wrong, I'm going to link the Gorilla Tag Support page for easy access. Good luck.  

EpicGamerDudeMiles03
Honored Guest

<top> 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?