cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guardian Boundary while Looking Down - How to Turn Off?

Suspend
Explorer
Hey everyone, a few weeks ago I found I setting that turns on the floor boundary overlay when you look down.  I thought it might be a cool idea but now, it's driving me nuts and I can't find where to turn it off.  I think it might have been under "experiments" but there's nothing there now.  Maybe the feature was removed?  If so, how do I get my settings back to normal?  Please help!!
42 REPLIES 42

Digikid1
Consultant
Guardian settings are accessible while in home.  Using your RIGHT controller bring up your settings.  The Guardian settings are in there.

Suspend
Explorer
I don't see that setting anywhere, that's why I think it was removed.  This is a floor boundary that appears when you tilt your head downward.  Not the regular guardian boundary when you get close to the limits.  This appears when you tilt your head.  Super annoying because it constantly overlays games when you look around.

Digikid1
Consultant
It was not removed.  I can turn it on and off when the instructions I gave you.

Suspend
Explorer
I appreciate your help but the Left controller brings up the "house" settings.  Like your places, inventory, notifications and preferences.  I looked all thru preferences and I don't see anything having to do with "look down to overlay floor boundary" or anything similar.  Can you help me find the setting?

Richooal
Consultant
I also turned this "feature" on a while ago. I can't find the setting anywhere to turn it off.

(V16.0.0.118.452) Shown in the Desktop App.
(V16.0.0.117.452) Shown on Left Button display in Home.

Who knows who has what version (and combination of "features") on what device. It's a mess.

I say draw a line in the sand. Leave CV1 with working software. Do the "improvement stuff for S and Quest. If it's good enough, CV1 users will update and move on. This one size fits all stuff is rubbish.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe you need to uninstall, reinstall and go through the setup again?  Glad I never turned this on, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Digikid1
Consultant

TomCgcmfc said:

Maybe you need to uninstall, reinstall and go through the setup again?  Glad I never turned this on, lol!

That is a HUGE P.I.T.A.

The last time I did it was when we were still on V15....perhaps a V16 Bug?  Will log in and see if it changed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
funniest thing is that even if you turn off your guardian system completely, guardian boundries still appears if you glance down.

Please fix this! This setting was under the "experiments" but the option is not there anymore.

barra
Honored Guest
I'm having trouble finding where the setting has been moved to as well. Using V16.0.0.118.452. It's active, but it's not in experiments anymore, so I can't turn it off. It's a useful feature, but it's also annoying without a way to disable it depending on circumstances.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?