cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset refuses to recognize DisplayPort connection

Omegariven
Honored Guest
I've tried basically everything to fix this damn headset, but I just can't figure it out. I have restarted my computer, reinstalled everything related to the headset, bought a new cable for the damn thing, and it still won't work. I plug in the DisplayPort connection, and it recognizes it for about half a second, then says that the display port needs to be plugged in. I am out of ideas and need help. I already went through all of oculus support, so if anyone knows ANYTHING, I would be grateful.
6 REPLIES 6

GiantScorpionMC
Honored Guest
Having exactly the same issue, can't seem to fix it either. Have contacted oculus 3 days ago no reply, be interested if you find a fix

hansknapp1
Honored Guest
Hey, just experienced the EXACT same thing!

Received my Oculus Rift S,
Straight after plugging the headset in for the very first time it asked me to do a firmware update (been reading afterwards that this could also bricked the oculus but nog sure yet) after the firmware update it asked me to connect the usb 3.0 and the Displayport cable, usb 3.0 stays connected, DP gives error after 5 secs

What i already did:
-Windows 10 up to date
-Oculus firmware up to date
-nvidia drivers up to date

-Tested on 2 other systems (w10 and even a laptop with included mini dp to dp adapter) same thing.

- tested the dp connection on my discrete gpu, working fine as connecting other monitor just works fine..

Opened a support ticked one day ago. So must be either the cable, headset or firmware issue (my thought)

Please keep me informed if anyone just has a clue/solution

Monkeyman1342
Honored Guest
The same thing for me, except mine, will let me game for like 5 minutes before it starts lagging/stops motion tracking the headset/screen goes black, or the screen starts flashing bright white
Then I'll get a notification that my DisplayPort isn't connected or something
I read up on another forum that suggested using a powered USB hub because sometimes the issue is that the USB port on the PC isn't feeding the headset enough power, so I went to Walmart to try that but it didn't change anything for me

hansknapp1
Honored Guest
Support replyed: tryout an hdmi to DisplayPort adapter, if not collect logs for further investigation, haven t tried this before but will see.. 

Will keep you updated

hansknapp1
Honored Guest
Update;
- Adapter did NOT work.
- Purchased an PCI-e 3.0 USB expansion slot, did NOT work.

Getting a bit frustrated by now.. 
I mean, connecting another monitor through DisplayPort connection works fine, so it could not be the GPU.
Thinking about a broken Cable / Headset (been reading online: maybe through firmware update of the oculus the very first time while connecting?) 

Regards

hansknapp1
Honored Guest

FIXED IT! (by myself) after hours of trying things, i FINALLY made this headset work !!

Created a small youtube recording (Less then 3 minutes)

https://youtu.be/YNLIRCCAOo4

I have tried so many things, even for an IT Support Engineer. Been though hell, and i'm not saying Oculus Support did not help, but all steps where obsolete. (been problem solving more then 20 days with Oculus Support) This is the ONLY working step i could not find anywhere online, even support was not updated by this! 

Let me know if this also fixed your problem 🙂