cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Request - Setting up Skyrim VR mods

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
Hi!

I hope someone can help. I am having a very frustrating time here.  I have been following the advice on https://uploadvr.com/use-mods-skyrim-vr-pc/

Enabling Mods:

1. First, launch Skyrim VR and make sure it runs properly. Once confirmed, quit.

2. Now on your PC navigate to: Documents>My Games>Skyrim VR and open theSkyrimPrefs.ini document.

3. Add the heading [Launcher] at the bottom. Then, right under it, add the line: bEnableFileSelection=1 then save.

Nexus Mod Manager

1. If you haven’t already, we highly recommend that you download and install the Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) to organize and keep track of all your mods.

2. Now, run NMM (administration mode may be required). Once it opens, cancel the auto search (“Stop Searching” button) at the bottom right of the screen.

3. Next, click the “…” button right below where it says Skyrim Special Edition.

4. Select the folder: *(steam installation path)*\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\

5. Click the little check mark above and ignore the warning that it couldn’t find the .exe.

Install mods

1. Once you’ve selected the mods you want to install and downloaded them, you need to navigate to …appdata\local\Skyrim Special Edition and copy the plugins.txt to your clipboard.

2. Now, navigate to appdata\local\Skyrim VR and paste the plugins.txt document into this folder.

3. Finally just close NMM and start adventuring!

Ok so I think I'm good up until Installing the mods... I don't have any "appdata" to navigate to.  I have done a search on my drives and it's just not there.   I realize the "appdata" is only part of the path, I just don't have any appdata subfolders.

So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
in my users directory there is no app data folder

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
ok looks like they were hidden... weird, going to try to finish it up now!

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
Ok I think I got it, sorry for wasting a whole thread but maybe someone will learn from my journey!

RattyUK
Trustee
@The-Unicorn

You may find it easier to put a shortcut to the Local folder to your desktop.
Easy way to get to the AppData folder is to press the Windows key + R and in the run box type %appdata%
This will open the AppData Roaming folder, use the navigation arrows to get to the parent folder then right click on Local and select 'Send to Desktop'

Job done!
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
Thanks!  Just had to unhide it, but that works too!  I bought a dedicated VR laptop that I don't use for anything else and I didn't realize that it came with files hidden.