Did you mean: 

How long does airlink take?

Moth_go_brrr
Honored Guest

I wanna airlink my laptop to my Quest 2 and I need to know

10 REPLIES 10

PITTCANNA
Visionary

What do you mean how long?  To setup it takes less than 30 seconds.

dinah.nelson.7
Honored Guest

then how come it didn't connect I did it for a long while even yesterday it didn't connect?

Hey Everyone.

Oculus Air Link Setup varies by internet connection, but is a rather quick process assuming your network is suitable for Air Link. Like this article says, Airlink functions best on a network with very little interference/other connected devices. Also, you will need to ensure both your Quest and your device (computer/laptop) are on the same network. Should everything be ready, Air Link setup should take no longer than 3-5 minutes.

Please note: if your network is not suitable for Air Link it may take longer for everything to connect and may not even connect at all.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

How do I know if my internet is suitable 

Hey there, Gio! The best practices for Air Link are the following:

Have your PC connected to Router/Access Point via Ethernet cable

• Headset should be connected to Wi-Fi via 5GHz band (AC or AX)

• Router in the same room as the headset or in line-of-sight, and at least 1m off the ground

• Non-mesh network configuration

• Have your PC connected to Router/Access Point via Ethernet cable

As for Wi-Fi 5GHz is best; Air Link’s performance might be impacted if the Wi-Fi channel switches from 5-GHz to 2.4-GHz during a session. To avoid this behavior you can either create separate networks for the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz bands, or disable the 2.4-GHz band altogether. Please consult the manual of your router for more information. Also check out some of our articles here. Hope this helped!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Painiscupcake19
Honored Guest

I was connecting my oculus to my laptop. However I am not sure if it is paring or not since whenever I click on my laptops name again, it shows launch and when I click it again, I shows pair etc.

Hey there, thanks for bringing this to the community. We understand how inconveniencing it is when things aren't connecting smoothly. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. Follow the steps in this article and if none of them help please submit a support ticket here and kindly include all of the troubleshooting steps that you have taken. 

It been past 5 min how do i connect my oculus to my pc without air link

Hi @cohen.ethan! Thank you for reaching out to us concerning this matter. We're sorry this has been an ongoing issue for you and would like to get this resolved for you. Luckily, we have a few troubleshooting steps we can attempt, if you haven't already!

• Please ensure your PC device meets the minimum requirements
  • There is the potential that the cable connected to the headset came loose during general use of the headset. This can cause intermittent disconnection or no connection altogether. Customers need to reseat the headset cable on both the headset side and the side that plugs into the USB 3.0 port.
  • Remove any USB splitters/extensions.
  • Try the headset on another PC if possible. If the problem does not occur on another computer, the issue is likely with the PC.
  • When reconnecting headset to the PC, you should connect the USB cable first, then the DisplayPort cable to the dedicated graphics card.

We've seen these steps help people out in the past with the same issue you're having. I'm hoping that they will do the same for you.

However, if you're still having trouble after trying those steps, please don't hesitate to reach back out and let me know. I'll also be here if you have any other questions or concerns.