cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refund an in-app purchase? (Child bought w/o permission)

MrLemurDude09
Honored Guest

GORILLA TAG

$21.19

5000 Shiny Rocks 

How do I do this?! It shouldn't be this hard. I bought my son a $40 game, "Population One". I left my debit card info on the account. Well, he noticed and decided he'd buy more stuff without permission. I guess he thought I wouldn't notice, but when you're broke and struggling... You notice. 

Meta store, or Oculus account don't allow  you to submit a refund request on in-app purchases, apparently. There's no option for refunds of unauthorized purchases that I could find anywhere. Just kept going in circles. Can someone please help me figure this out ? Surely it meets guidelines requirements. 

Thanks,

Mal

10 REPLIES 10

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@MrLemurDude09 Hey hey, this is quite the issue. Those shiny rocks will get you. 

As for refunding in-app purchases, they aren't really allowed. However, considering the circumstances, I'm sure the team would love to help you out. 

In order to do so, you may want to make a support ticket.

Hope this helps!

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

Mine did the same thing...20 times back to back.  I have a ticket in to see if they can help.  Over $400 is crushing to our family right now.

Hey there @Jeaux72! We definitely understand how worrisome situations like these can be and we'd be more than happy to look into this further with you! We see that you already have a ticket open with our Support Team and to avoid any confusion or delay of getting this issue resolved, we would advise you to check your inbox for any further correspondence from us. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us again in the future for any other questions or concerns that you may have. We are always happy to help! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Did either of you get any resolution on this? Meta is being relatively unhelpful on the support ticket side thus far... I've asked to have the case escalated, kid was able to ring up over 180$ in a matter of minutes, this is obscene. 

Intelekt
Explorer

Did you ever get any resolution? Similar issue here and it seems like Meta is happy to steal money from families... 

deejeevee
Heroic Explorer

You might need to contact the game developer directly, as suggested in the accepted solution here.

» Get a $35 credit in Canada on a new Quest 2 or 3 — but you must use a referral link BEFORE you activate your new headset!
  (Works for the UK too, but if you're in the USA you should use a referral link from the USA due to certain restrictions.)
» Get 25% OFF games or earn $5! Learn how and see my game referral links here: How app referrals work

After being reconsidered or sent to the next level of support my request for a refund was still denied.  Contacted my bank and they are working on it.  My bank has temporarily issued me a credit of the amount and sent me a new debit card.  Our family occulus has been used almost daily since Christmas 2021.  It hasn't been used since the charges and will never again be used.

I am going through this right now $700 in 2 months, I am on the phone with the bank now, did you ever do the dispute? What ended up happening did they take the money off your card? 

Reach out for what? For you to tell us that you won't refund in app purchases?