cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off background music in Dash 2.0

matthias_paschk
Level 2
I am keen on using the Oculus Desktop and the Browser with Netflix running. But the Dash 2.0 background music interfers with Netflix or other sounds...
11 REPLIES 11

YoLolo69
Level 10
In your home, hit the Watch at your left hand, and settings (on the right). You have an Audio or Music selection there where you can turn it off.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

matthias_paschk
Level 2
Turning off the audio is not what I want: Turning off the music but not the audio itself is what I want.

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
@matthias.paschke.3 He did say music or audio. Did you actually try and do it?

bo847nqqiydp.jpg

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Gastiflex
Level 2
Hello, is there a way to do this without Oculus Touch ? Only with remote or XBox controller.

grizzlyman55
Level 2

Hello, is there a way to do this without Oculus Touch ? Only with remote or XBox controller.

I'd like to be able to do this as well. I have no need for the touch controllers, I only sim race with this headset.

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I'd like to be able to do this as well. I have no need for the touch controllers, I only sim race with this headset.

Unfortunately not as far as I know. Do you have the original rift and no touch controllers?

Only 3.7% of all rift users have no touch, so I think full controller support is not on the cards for Oculus.

However, I understand that having to buy $99 controllers just so you can turn the sound if is a bit silly.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Kromulus
Level 2
Where did you get the 3.7% rift users have no touch?. It is a simple script to turn a sound on or off. 1-100% of the customers who by this product should get good service they still paid $500 up. Come on guys, can't change a simple thing as your sound options with a xbox controller but can easily navigate the Oculus store and make a purchase with it...right. 

m3gt2
Level 4
my rift is from the first batches - from the beginning. it has only remote and xbox controller. why should i buy touch for just turning off the volume? i play sims in cv1 i don't need touch. ridiculous and unacceptable

hkarlh
Level 2
@LZoltowski Do you know of a different method with the current software? The separate slider for audio and music are no longer there.wmro0b0qiydu.jpg