cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use cloud saves

Gatomoto
Honored Guest
I'm playing the walking dead saints and sinners chapter 2 and I checked my cloud and it haven't saved so I don't know if it does it automatically but is their a way to do it manually or it does it automatically I need it to save or else I won't sleep
3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Gatomoto! We can definitely understand that this would be very inconvenient in the event that the game doesn't save, causing you to lose progress. Not to worry, we'll do everything we can to help out! Here's some troubleshooting that you can try out!

• Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  • Select Settings.
  • Select System, then select Backup.
  • Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on or off.
  • Power cycle headset

Let us know if this helps out or if the issue persists, we'll be looking forward to hearing back from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

JimmyGee613
Honored Guest

Hi, am having the same problem here. Shows on Oculus account that game permits cloud backup (Saints and Sinners). Cloud backup is toggled on for said device. But according to Oculus account, game has not backed up a save file. I've lost my first playthrough of the game due to having to uninstall and reinstall. I want to replay it again but I wont if there is no solution to this. I am one that bought a 64 GB headset when they first came out. The limited amount of space means I will be uninstalling and reinstalling in order to accommodate other titles. Please help!

@JimmyGee613 Heyoo, I'd love to give a bit of insight to this. I've seen this just a couple times, but there may be something with the new update and cloud backup not working as intended currently. 

When was the data last backed up in your cloud? (Could it be around the time your headset updated last?)

If so, I do suggest making a bug report for the engineers to get a better understanding. 

Something else we can give a shot is trying to toggle the cloud off and back on, maybe changing wifi networks as well. (Hotspot, etc.) 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling