cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've not been able to load Home for a while now, when is this going to be fixed?

Chaoss
Expert Protege
I've tried everything from formatting to reinstalling and even just replaced my video card but Home doesn't load for me, I see the spinning circle and even when I taped over the sensor and left the Rift on for 2 days it still hadn't loaded after this time. I can use the Rift normally otherwise and everything works, I can even see when people join my home (I still get the notifications) but alas it never ever ever loads. It does continuesly use data though 'trying' to load
"In the future we will be designing dreams, worlds & experiences rather than games."
40 REPLIES 40

YoLolo69
Trustee
That's a pretty weird problem I never read, but at least you can use your Rift. If that happened to me I will get in touch with Oculus Support team to provide log files as something should appear in them :
&

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Chaoss
Expert Protege
I have done this already 😕
"In the future we will be designing dreams, worlds & experiences rather than games."

Chaoss
Expert Protege
I should add that there are a large number of people (almost everyone in our gaming group), formatting and even changing hardware hasn't yeilded a fix, it's not the ISP either (which was my initial suspect)

LZoltowski
Champion

Chaoss said:

I should add that there are a large number of people (almost everyone in our gaming group), formatting and even changing hardware hasn't yeilded a fix, it's not the ISP either (which was my initial suspect)

Have you tried hooking up to a VPN and then setting your location to a neighbouring country? Just to rule out a faulty cached instance in your location.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Chaoss
Expert Protege

Chaoss said:

Have you tried hooking up to a VPN and then setting your location to a neighbouring country? Just to rule out a faulty cached instance in your location.

I've just tried this, with 2 seperate VPN's and neither of them worked. I was invited to a party and I could hear others speak. the in-VR Oculus Store doesn't work either (but it works in the client). I know one of my friends uses a VPN anyway and he still has the same issue where home just never loads, he tried what I've tried and taped over the sensor and left his rift on over night to see if it does eventually load (it does not, and doing this chews through an insane amount of data)

LZoltowski
Champion
Hmm I have never heard of your particular issue. Could you post some logs so we can have a look at them?

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder *your path may vary depending on where you have installed Oculus):
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Chaoss
Expert Protege
I've attached the logs. I set it to only collect the last hour since I've just done a full format/reinstall (the problem still remains)

Chaoss
Expert Protege
Looking at the Oculus Worlds log which is what isn't loading

falken76
Expert Consultant
Do you have routers or a home network that might be blocking something through a firewall?