cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2021 - Can't Purchase Apps in Oculus Store! :(

alokthapa
Explorer

I have been trying to purchase few apps and this is what greets me every single time. 

It's been couple of hours - same thing.

Anyone having the same issue?

HELP

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 3.58.00 PM.png

5 REPLIES 5

alokthapa
Explorer

Update: I was able to purchase from app store by using my PayPal. I linked the card to my P Account and it worked fine. 

Daniel.Needles
Protege

I've had a similar issue since May 19th.  They closed the first ticket abruptly.  The second I haven't heard back from since June 2nd.  I even connected via Linked in to half a dozen folks in development and support.  All either did not respond or said "not my job."  No one provided a referral.

Glad to hear using Paypal worked.  It didn't in my case.

I hope your issue was resolved!

Nope! Still no reply from support since June 5th.  The Reddit Admin actually admonished me for replying to the email to ask for status and add diagnostics to the case.  He said to sit and wait..  They clearly thought not responding to the customer within 6 weeks on a Sev 2 issue was perfectly normal for support.  For now I am using Steam as a workaround and telling my corporate customers to steer clear.  This isn't a supported platform.  

Daniel.Needles
Protege

After 3 months and 2 days (May 19th) and over 4 tickets opened, I got this to work.  Now mind you, I still haven't heard from support since June 2nd.  What it might be is I had Developer Mode turned on for both Oculus'.  This time I went into the Oculus App on the Phone, I went to Devices, Connected to the newer device and then clicked on store and it just worked.  Specifically, instead of asking me to log into Paypal or specifying a credit card, it showed the original credit card I entered before it broke and I simply entered the pin.  When I checked the other oculus the Developer mode showed as a single multiple choice circle rather than a slider.  I clicked on it and it reloaded as a slider with it flipped on.  My guess is that glitchy code stopped the adding of the second oculus and left the store in a half installed state.  Unfortunately this is all guess works as Oculus Support never provides any details over the phone and never returns calls, emails, etc.  But that is my best guess.