cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known Issue - Refurbished Quest replacement unable to connect controllers

WowUrGarbage
Protege

I just recently sent my quest 2 and controllers back to be replaced but the refurbished quest 2 controllers that was sent to me won't connect to the refurbished quest 2 headset that was sent to me so my headset is stuck in the paring initial setup screen. I tried linking my headset to my app to set up controllers that way but no matter how many times I tried to pair it putting the pair code in it won't pair up. I have factory reset several times. I have reinstalled the app already a few times. Yes my location and bluetooth is on. I have already been through setting this up with my old quest 2 that I sent back with no problems. I don't understand how I was sent a refurbished quest 2 and controllers that can not even set up. Please help me fix this or let me get a replacement that works.

158 REPLIES 158

I think it is because the controllers are still paired with the previous headset. I wonder if a brand new controller would pair? But since they provide zero information it’s kind of hard to know. 

The only “fix” they could do at this point seems to be not forcing phone app to require headset update to connect to it. Otherwise, there is no software fix you can get to the headset. 

I’d like a basic explanation of what the issue really is and what they are doing to try and fix it. 

Otherwise, give me a refund. 

That could be it and a factory reset won’t wipe it that’s why the pairing code isn’t recognized ,?

WowUrGarbage
Protege

Honestly at this point I don't think we will get a solution. I feel like they are just gonna keep stalling  telling us that their engineers are working on it as their only answer since the new quest pro comes out very soon. I'm starting to  think we are gonna be left in the dark and just blown off to have our new $400 paper weights. The crazy part is I sent my back over a factory defective lenses just to get left hanging hi and dry with this so called replacement headset that I can't play with. It shouldn't even be our problem. They should of never sent out refurbished headsets / controllers knowing this was going on. I really think it's wrong of them to take the cheap way out "Refurbished "instead of sending people 'New" ones till the issue is really resolved. I don't know how great your doing in life but I can't afford to just throw away $400 dollars and that's not even counting store games bought, third party accessories and in game add ons / currency.

Everything you said is exactly what happened to me I’m sitting here so frustrated I’ve never experienced anything like this

WTF Still no fix what the **bleep**

OzzieOzborn
Honored Guest

I have an AMAZING group of attorneys who would LOVE to take on this class action lawsuit! I’ll be contacting them tomorrow and getting all of your names for reimbursement checks! This company is a joke and will never get anymore of my money!

I like money, count me in!

Excellent I’m saving every conversation email with them put me at the head of the list I’d say I just didn’t know if there was a class action attorneys they would Go up against Facebook

Hey we’re all still waiting for that fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CosmicRatio
Protege

Unbelievable that this problem has still not been resolved yet, and that @MetaQuestSupport have not provided an update for more than 2 weeks.

Meta must have shipped hundreds of replacement headsets to customers that they know don't work in the past month or so.