cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known Issue - Refurbished Quest replacement unable to connect controllers

WowUrGarbage
Protege

I just recently sent my quest 2 and controllers back to be replaced but the refurbished quest 2 controllers that was sent to me won't connect to the refurbished quest 2 headset that was sent to me so my headset is stuck in the paring initial setup screen. I tried linking my headset to my app to set up controllers that way but no matter how many times I tried to pair it putting the pair code in it won't pair up. I have factory reset several times. I have reinstalled the app already a few times. Yes my location and bluetooth is on. I have already been through setting this up with my old quest 2 that I sent back with no problems. I don't understand how I was sent a refurbished quest 2 and controllers that can not even set up. Please help me fix this or let me get a replacement that works.

158 REPLIES 158

Mannnnnnnnn….. you are a life saver!  Mac user here.  I just followed your instructions, and all l I had to add onto that was to download and install Powershell, and run that inside of Terminal on my Mac.  I’m still in shock that none of the people I spoke with over the phone or via chat from Meta ever mentioned that this was even possible. 😣 Thank you once again! 🙌🏽

WowUrGarbage
Protege

I got mine working using this method but it's basically the same thing.

https://youtu.be/mbtktxjZLgg

I should of posted this a day ago but I've been on my quest 2

WowUrGarbage
Protege

Sorry for the delay.

WowUrGarbage
Protege

I had to have a friend that owes a cell pone repair business to do it for me because I kept have the same problem on the update.zip part but now he has updated he's webpage to being able to fix quest 2s if anyone still needs help like I did. Just message me a pm and I'll link he's web page so you can talk to him about the details.

T0KAA
Protege

Screenshot (10).pngScreenshot (9).png

T0KAA
Protege

not working need help

Hi there! We would love to assist you with your device! At this time, we would like for you to reach out to our support team here so that we can provide further assistance.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

If this post was for me I'm good I got my refurbished quest 2 paied amd updated "fixed" from my friend but thank you if it was for me 😄

Ohh my bad I couldn't get it down myself so I paid my friend to figure it out. He can help you remotely I believe but yiu would have to work all that out with him. I'm mot sure if I'm allowed to post he's cell phone business site on here or not. I'm not sure if it's against meta forum rules.

T0KAA
Protege

Screenshot (11).png