cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest driver blackscreen issue on Rift CV1?

Nynapi
Explorer
I was forced to update oculus after months of no use of the headset.  The headset worked fine on the older branch but as soon as the not optional update installed my Rift stops working completely. It is still showing as active connected but black screen + mix of either constant orange or orange and white blinking LED. Having the headset connected will also make the entire PC stutter.

Now I troubleshoot it for a few days now, update all my driver including bios, usb, motherboard, pcie, graphics card. I reinstall software in safe boot but nothing helped until I overwrite the support folder inside occulus directory with old one. Suddenly everything except audio works again like there was never any problem. As soon as I get force updated it break again.

tldr; Both, current stable and beta branch break CV1 compatibility. Please share answer if anyone else face the same problem. 
2 REPLIES 2

Nynapi
Explorer
Steam VR also require this newest branch to work which is double sad. I can not do anything with my Headset until I update but the update brake my headset... 

iSpartadmw
Honored Guest
Starting to dislike oculus immensely because of black screen issue . updated all drivers, re-installed software, replaced headset, bought new graphics card and 3 cables, definite problem with oculus yet they say no ......