cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest windows 10 update is causing black screen in CV1.

Mazda_Ron
Expert Protege

I've completely removed all oculus traces, reg files, left overs, the lot

no matter what I do, it doesn't last, the headset will randomly go back to a black screen and not seen in device manager.

I have a seperate boot of windows and have absolutely no issues there.
I have a brand new cable that obviously makes no difference.

This has only happened since windows 10 got the updates from 13th october onwards, I installed on 15th Oct 2021 and immediately lost image in headset.

this is incredibly annoying as everything is on this main windows install and it takes a long time to install oculus again, only for it to last a random amount of time, not even a day.

2 REPLIES 2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Try to contact Oculus support. Knowing that I may risk it all every time I upgrade drivers or OS, I never upgrade anything unless I'm force to do so.

If it works, do not fix it 🙂 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

yeah I'm kicking myself now.

its not just oculus, seems its completely screwed my logitech drivers too, something has gone very wrong for me with that update.

only just started playing lone echo 2 tonight, everything seemed to have gone wrong at once, audio failure on cv1, fixed with a dedicated line to existing earpieces using the logitech dac, sounded great, updated windows now this lol.

no way I'm touching windows 11 just yet, if the system restore actually worked I'd be all set but its even broke that.