cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Gamepad doesn't react after battery changed.

Bountouraby
Level 3

hi

I have a problem with my gamepads : boths were off after long time not used. So I decided to change the batteries : the right gamepad swift on and I can connect to my Oculus Quest (1), but the left gamepad didn't swich on. I cannot see any light on the gamepad, and my Oculus quest cannot detect him.

Any idea to repear / activate my gamepad ?

Thanks a lot

4 REPLIES 4

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Bountouraby! We know how important it is to have a working set of controllers, so we'd be glad to look into that. 

In order to gain a bit of insight, could you please answer the following:

1. When you removed the battery, was it for roughly 10-15 minutes to let the electronics reset? 
  2. Has the controller ever been mishandled? (Dropped, tossed, spilled liquid, etc.)
  3. When was this first noticed?
  4. Are there any lights that come on when pressing the buttons?
  5. What all have you tried already? (Just to not have you repeat anything)

As soon as we get some information, we can look into some possible options available! 

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, friend!

We just wanted to swing by like a pendulum and see if you are in need of a helping hand or if you were able to resolve this little pickle?

No matter the outcome, we would love to hear back form you!

Hello,

Thank you for your quick feed, and sorry for my late answer. Here my comment :

1. When you removed the battery, was it for roughly 10-15 minutes to let the electronics reset?
    Yes, it was even more
  2. Has the controller ever been mishandled? (Dropped, tossed, spilled liquid, etc.)
    We have moved from one place to another and well packed. No liquid for sure. Possible dropped, but no mark or crack on it.
  3. When was this first noticed?
    It was noticed when we try to use it again last month. We didn't use it for almost 6 months.
  4. Are there any lights that come on when pressing the buttons?
    No light at all, with old or new batteries, when pressing or not the buttons.
  5. What all have you tried already? (Just to not have you repeat anything)
    I have tried to change the batteries, clicks on the buttons, update my oculus. But nothing happen.

Not yet solved. If you have any recommandation, let me know. Thank you.