cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left controller completely and constantly disconnects

Sphinx9
Honored Guest

I’ve had some drifting issues with the right controller from time to time and sometimes it would just completely disappear, but it would usually come right back. Now, however, my quest 2 is COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE due to the left controller connecting and disconnecting literally NONSTOP. I play beat saber the most on my headset and now I cant play it at all thanks to this. I’ve tried replacing the battery, taking the battery out for 30 minutes then resetting it like that, checked for software updates, I’ve literally done every possible suggestion that I’ve read about on 100 different websites offering guidance on how to fix it. This is honestly ridiculous. You pay a large chunk of change on a game like this and not long after you buy it, you can’t even play it anymore. My headset and controllers have been totally babied too so it’s not like it’s been rough handled or anything like that. It just won’t work properly anymore. I’m really starting to regret ever buying it to begin with at this point. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to maybe fix this issue? I would be eternally grateful if so. 

2 REPLIES 2

Tonberry_Qing
Retired Support

Hey @Sphinx9. Thank you for listing all of the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I think you covered everything that would've been asked of you to try to fix the issue.  At this point I think you should definitely talk to support about what type of options may be available.  When opening the ticket make sure to list all the steps you've already completed.  This will help prevent unnecessary back-and-forth emails. If you have any issues entering your details, just choose the next best thing to get the ticket submitted so they can get you the answers you need. 

https://metaque.st/Support

Also, you can DM support by going to the Oculus Support profile page and clicking Send A Message. 

I hope you're able to get some answers! Please keep us updated.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

V_StarManiac
Honored Guest

My daughter had the same issue playing the same game. I fixed it by putting a piece of tinfoil on the negative spring end of the battery. It had came loose. Problem solved.