cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left controller won’t pair or work

boltage.vplt
Honored Guest

It won’t pair I’ve unpaired it and I can’t re pair it I’ve tried absolutely everything

9 REPLIES 9

Srimok
Honored Guest

Having the exact same issue. Even tried a factory reset but now can't even get past the pairing screen because of it.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, boltage. VPLT, we see you having issues with pairing your controller and understand how confusing this situation can be allow us to help you out.

• Have you tried removing the batteries for at least 30 seconds?
  • Does the controller that is not pairing turn on?
  • Does it have power?
  • Have you tried to recalibrate your controller?

Details on how to recalibrate your controller below:

1. To recalibrate your controller:
  2. Open the Oculus app.
  3. Tap More and then tap Controller.
  4. Below Paired Controllers, tap your controller.
  5. Tap in the top right and then tap Recalibrate.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions to recalibrate your controller.

Let us know if this helps.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Srimok! We are checking to see if you still need assistance and if you have gotten your controller to pair.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello. I am having the same issue and have sent 2 reports. I have the Meta Quest 2 app, is this not what I should be using? I do not have the option to recalibrate my controller. Please help!!!!

Hey Maxthenoob, we saw that you were experiencing a problem with your left controller not pairing. Since we have been in your position previously, we are aware of how this might interfere with your time. Please allow us to help you by getting your controller working properly again.

1. Have you attempted to reset the headset to establish a new connection?
  2. When you turn it on, does the controller have power?

I have done a factory re-set. Paired and unpaired the controllers-  both of them. Removed the battery, restarted my phone.

The left controller will pair. And I can get through almost an entire game, then it stops pairing and I have to do the entire process over again for the controller to only pair momentarily.

Hey, @Maxthenoob! Thanks for providing that information. We see that you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting. Not to worry. We suggest contacting our support team here. They have the tools to look into this further for you to find the root issue. We hope this is helpful to you.

And when I turn the headset on the left controller does not have power. I have changed batteries and it shows in app that the battery is at 100% on the left controller.

Hey there @Maxthenoob! Make sure you check to see that you completed the steps listed above. If you're still having issues after trying all of those steps then we recommend reaching out to our wonderful support team, as they have access to more tools that will allow them to better assist you.