cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logitech keyboard support

Isildur00
Explorer

Hi there,

I would like to know if the region-specific layouts of supported Logitech keyboards like the MX keys and K375s are supported. For example QWERTY UK, QWERTY ITALIAN, QWERTY GERMAN etc., and not just the QWERTY US to International US.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Isildur00, Meta Quest Pro and Meta Quest 2 currently support the following keyboard models:

• Logitech K830
  • Logitech K375s
  • Logitech MX Keys Universal Graphite
  • Logitech MX Keys for Mac Space Gray
  • Logitech MX Keys Mini Universal Pale Gray
  • Logitech MX Keys Mini for Mac Pale Gray
  • Apple Magic Keyboard
  • Apple Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
  • Apple Magic Keyboard with Touch ID and Numeric Keypad

These keyboards can be used in the VR home environment and applications that support Bluetooth keyboards. Let us know if you have any other questions!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you for your reply.

I was already aware of this list which is why I submitted this question. For example, K375s has several different layouts. Are all of them supported like QWERTY UK or only QWERTY US is?

For MX keys my understanding is that the International US is going to be fully supported while the others like with UK layout or QWERTY Italian will only appear as International US qwerty instead. Is that correct and if so can you tell me when support for other layouts is expected?

Looking forward to your reply.

Hey Isildur00! We appreciate you letting us know as for the layout we currently only support the US layout for the time being. Hope this doesn't change your experience too much, let us know if there are any other questions we can answer for you!

Regarding the time on when the other layouts will be provided we don't have a time frame for that however, you can go ahead and provide this awesome idea here! We're always looking for a better experience for everyone in our VR family!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thanks for your reply.

Thank you for your question! If you ever have any other concern or question don't hesitate to reach out as we want to make sure you are receiving the help you deserve! We hope you enjoy your VR experience!

cpt.rafful
Honored Guest

Hi, having the same issue even though the post is already 2 years old, I am caching up asking for any development of the issue?

Hi there, @cpt.rafful! We wanted to stop by and chime in regarding the different remote keyboards that are supported with our Quest VR devices. Being able to see a 3D version of both your keyboard and hands in VR makes for a smooth experience, and so we wanted to provide up-to date information regarding the different keyboards you are able to use with your headset. If you do not see the keyboard you were looking for on this list, we suggest visiting our Ideas Forum, which is linked in our previous response, where you can leave all of your ideas and suggestions on how to improve our devices and your VR experience. 

cpt.rafful
Honored Guest

Hi and thank you for your reply. I guess that for US users the problem may not be understandable:

The keyboard I am using is supported (Magic Keyboard from Apple) but the language layout is not. You see, in Europe we have a bunch of different languages and therefor different layouts on our keyboards. That means that the keys on a Magic Keyboard in German differs from the same Magic Keyboard in French for example. The Meta Quest does support the keyboard, I see it in VR, but when I am typing, the wrong letters are touched. Eg. Instead of Y it is Z because on the US Magic Keyboard the Z button is where the Y button is on the German Magic keyboard. I do not know if this is understandable? 

Thank you for your reply, and we apologize for any confusion regarding your post and our response. While we do support several Bluetooth keyboards for use in VR, the language layout at this time is very limited. We assure you that we value your feedback and suggestions and highly encourage you to visit our Ideas Forum to leave these great suggestions for our engineering team. While we can't guarantee anything, plenty of ideas that gained traction with the community in our Ideas Forums were implemented into future updates to help improve the user experience of our community as a whole. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.