cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost library

Anonymous
Not applicable

Setup my meta account and linked my Facebook and Instagram account on the app. I know lost my entire library and still can't use my headset.

I've already reset the app and the headset and still the library is missing.

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Anonymous

Thank you for reaching out to let us know. It's definitely a scary sight when you sign in and see that your games are not where they're supposed to be. You're not alone, a few other users have reached out to let us know they're in the same boat. When Meta accounts rolled out recently, folks ran into a few issues with their accounts and this was one of them.

That being said, we've had success getting peoples games to show back up by doing the following:

1. Uninstall and reinstall your mobile app. 

2. Hard reboot your headset. You can do this by putting your headset on and holding the power button. When your headset cycles back to the main menu, you're done.

3. Factory reset your headset. Here's a quick breakdown for how to make that happen.

Give those a shot, and see if they work for you as well. Our engineers are aware of how folks are currently being impacted, and are actively working on getting a fix rolled out as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for an official update, as this is a priority and we expect a solution soon.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

larry.foster.9028
Honored Guest

I have also setup my Meta account and lost my entire library. I did a factory reset and everything was gone some of my Apps are on a monthly rate. please help thank You

Hey friend!

Yeah, I had to factory reset my device too. Luckily I was able to get my games and apps back just back going into the store nd redownload them all. Since all purchases and downloads are account tied, it was super easy getting them back. Just took some time to download them again lol.

Here's hoping this helps. Cheers!

larry.foster.9028
Honored Guest

I went into the store like you suggested and it still wanted to sell the app back to me. I think what went wrong when I switched to a Meta account, I was using another email and Meta kept saying that one was being used so I switched to a Gmail account maybe my account information on the other email account? thanks for looking into this for me.

Hey there! Thank you for notifying us of your issue. We know there's been some mix up with the apps after merging into a Meta account. Typically, this means you have created a secondary account.

When merging the two accounts, you must ensure your headset is up-to-date first. You can use this link for the steps. If you already have an Oculus account, you must use this information to login when creating the Meta account.

If your Facebook is linked with your Oculus account, you'll use your Facebook details to login. Once you login, it'll ask you if you like to keep Facebook linked or use an email. This is where a lot of the confusion about the merging process comes from.

You can refer to this article for more information about the Meta account process. We'd love to take a look at your account and see if this is the issue you're experiencing! We need to verify your personal account details, so we'd like to invite you to directly message us.

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?