cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost tracking, factory reset, now black screen

Loopypoop
Explorer

I am stumped. I’ve had my Meta Quest 2 for a month. Yesterday, it got stuck on some lost tracking error screen. The controllers would not work. I couldn’t use the volume buttons to press the button on the lost tracking screen. 

Eventually, I had to do a factory reset. It did let me play after that.

This morning, it did the lost tracking thing again for about 45 minutes. I cleaned the inside sensor, and it finally starting working again. I thought I’d fixed it.

tonight, lost tracking again. Nothing would work. I finally had to try the factory reset again, and now it’s just stuck on a black screen (backlit). The meta logo shows, the setup music plays, but the screen is just blank. 

It’s pretty upsetting, as this is a brand new device, and I was just really getting into using it.

any help would be much appreciated! 

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh no! This isn't what we like to hear. You've mentioned that you've performed a factory reset twice and cleaned the sensors on your controller. These are great troubleshooting steps. 

Factory resetting your device is recommended as a last resort. Given the state of your headset please submit a support ticket on our support site so we can look further into this and see what available options are open for you. 

We look forward to hearing from you. We're always here to help! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I did reach out to support, they were very responsive. Thank you for your help! Unfortunately, I was told it would take some time to work through - I do hope it doesn’t take too long, as I just started paying for Supernatural!

What was the outcome of this?  My Quest 2 is doing the exact same thing! UGH

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @StarksGaming, we see you are also having some issues with your headset tracking. We hate that this is becoming an issue for you. If you can, please try the troubleshooting we have listed and let us know if that helped at all. If you find that factory resetting the device didn't work, we can also try recalibrating the controllers in "Menu > Devices > Controllers > Deadzone." Please let us know if this helps at all.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

@StarksGaming, we are hoping that the silence is a good thing and that you have managed to find a solution to the problem. If you find that you are still having trouble, please let us know. We would love to help you figure this out.