cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mod VR Cover Quest 2 foam to CV1 facial interface?

Espionage724
Expert Protege

I'm thinking about removing the stock foam off the facial interface (heat gun to melt the glue and then gently pull the foam off), placing some Velcro stickers along the edge, and then attaching a VR Cover foam from a Quest 2.

This seems like it would be straightforward, but does anyone have any advice, feedback, or know of any other reports of anyone else trying this?

Quest 2 | 2700X | 6600 XT
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Espionage724
Expert Protege

Did it! Here's an Imgur album with progress pics (nothing 18+/NSFW): https://imgur.com/a/jjWgm5b

Getting the foam off took some time in order to make sure I didn't damage it (having to heat the adhesive without melting the foam). But it came off relatively cleanly, and I put it in a bag in-case it's needed later.

The VR Cover I'm using came from the Quest 2 kit that was shipped with the early facial interface recall, and is the thicker pad. I was mainly interested in using that because I found my face too-close to the lenses on the CV1 which had me noticing a split between the middle of the view at times, and the top of the screen edge. Using the new foam fixes both issues.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Espionage724
Expert Protege

Did it! Here's an Imgur album with progress pics (nothing 18+/NSFW): https://imgur.com/a/jjWgm5b

Getting the foam off took some time in order to make sure I didn't damage it (having to heat the adhesive without melting the foam). But it came off relatively cleanly, and I put it in a bag in-case it's needed later.

The VR Cover I'm using came from the Quest 2 kit that was shipped with the early facial interface recall, and is the thicker pad. I was mainly interested in using that because I found my face too-close to the lenses on the CV1 which had me noticing a split between the middle of the view at times, and the top of the screen edge. Using the new foam fixes both issues.