cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-GPU Question

KrisPman
Honored Guest
Greetings all, 

I've been doing a lot of research lately in multi-GPU use for VR. As most of you know, the Rift does not support SLI. 

I had a couple questions that maybe some of you guys can shed some light on.

I have two 1080's in SLI running three 4k monitors. My ultimate VR setup would be to have my pc running all 3 monitors, my 65 OLED tv, and the rift.

I want this setup so I don't have to keep removing cables from the back of my pc, and so If I have friends over, I can display what I'm seeing in my rift on my tv.

I know the rift isn't compatible with SLI. I don't believe you can use a HDMI splitter with the rift, and I would prefer not to daisy chain as I'm running in 4k on all monitors.

So would it be possible to simply disable SLI in the settings and completely run my rift and tv of the second gpu? I read somewhere a long time ago that someone tried this but the rift kept crashing. The post was from like 2016 so I didn't know if maybe some kinks were worked out or what.

Any insight would be awesome!

1 REPLY 1

TruthWarrior
Honored Guest
This would be awesome to know, I'm contemplating getting another 1080ti to help with all my extra monitors and streaming. It would be even better if it worked in SLI though as the tools are available for it.